Correct headlight lens for DeSoto ?

Frank Wilkie

4 hours ago, Frank Wilkie said:

I guess no one knows.

It might be a few days or weeks until the right person comes along. We are not all hovering, waiting for your question.

I seem to remember someone on these fora posting something that indicated they had a catalog. Hopefully they will come along soon.

34 minutes ago, Frank Wilkie said:

The one I'm going to replace is still mounted in the headlamp.  In looking at the retainer ring it doesn't have a screw holding the ring on the lamp. Do you just pry it off the headlamp body?

I don't want to tare up anything.

Use THIS process VERY CAREFULLY....put a towel or blanket on the floor in case you have butter fingers.

post-37352-143142811069.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I have two pairs of Rite-Way lenses. shallow and deep, Both mfg. by Corcoran-Brown.   The other pix is a 35 Chrysler buckets with shallow lenses.   Probably the same as DeSoto.

There must be a MoPar guy out there that knows exactly what the applications are.  OP, if you need any of this stuff, send me a PM. 

Chrysler 1935-2.JPG

Chrysler 1935-3.JPG

IMG_2281.JPG

IMG_2282.JPG

IMG_2283.JPG

IMG_2284.JPG

1 hour ago, keiser31 said:

Not certain on this, but I think the left and right lenses are different. Maybe someone with a DeSoto Master Parts List has that information.

Corcoran Brown  also made a 'Tri-Beam' lens that was used in 34-36 Auburn six cylinder that that had a left and right lens And only one had a hi-lo beam.............Go figure.

The Tri-Beam lenses are a greater diameter.