powder coating

old car fan

.Does anyone here do this?Working on a vacuum tank ,looks like dirt on the finish .Do you think the powder is contaminated?I have done at least 50 with no concerns,now a problem.I personally would put on my own car,but is for a customer with a Auburn,It still looked better than factory,just not happy.

Edited by old car fan (see edit history)

The melting point of tin, which is the largest constituent of solder is about 450 degrees F.  Tin is alloyed with other metals to reduce this melting point to somewhere around 360/370 degrees.  This temperature can vary by solder manufacturer.  Powder coating requires a cure temperature of 400 degrees F.  It stands to sound reasoning that a powder coater would not risk damaging a customers part with the temperature ranges involved here.

I agree with all that was said,Several of our own cars I did the tanks,we drive like we stole  them. I tested one before I started doing the powdercoat,knowing The melting point.no problem.We have may 500 or so tanks,so if I lost one in the oven,no big deal.,WE have restored over 50 thanks with the same process,heck ,last year at Hershey,i rebuilt one.My question is ,can the powder be bad?We have never had a tank returned.

Edited by old car fan (see edit history)