1903 Cadillac Model A - $150000 Phoenix, AZ

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/d/1903-cadillac-model/6454219965.html

Not mine. No dog in the fight.

1903 Cadillac Model A Runabout with optional rear entry tonneau.

Fully restored to running condition 12 years ago, and has been in storage since.

Has optional wicker baskets as well that have yet to be attached.

$150,000 Serious inquires only.

00I0I_8cbWqNcVbcX_600x450.jpg

Certainly a nice car, maybe it's just me but I'd be expecting it to present a bit better for that amount of money (e.g new tyres)

Also, not sure why so few people put engine shots up (or crapily taken ones) when trying to sell some of these cars for big money.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 6:23 PM, auburnseeker said:

Without paperwork,  the auction house may not want to touch it either. 

A friend bought a 1914 B55 Buick after it was pulled from an RM auction at Hershey a couple of years ago for that reason.

On a car of this vintage, the paperwork is especially critical mostly because of the London-Brighton Run. If you can't prove that your car is 1904 or older, you're out. That's probably what he meant by paperwork. Many cars of this vintage are assembled, pieced together, or re-powered, and any of those will disqualify a car from the L-B Run. There's a fairly rigorous application process and they don't mess around when it comes to authenticity. The fact that this car could be used in the Run is a very large portion of its value. Without that proof, the value will take a significant hit.

1 hour ago, Matt Harwood said:

On a car of this vintage, the paperwork is especially critical mostly because of the London-Brighton Run. If you can't prove that your car is 1904 or older, you're out. That's probably what he meant by paperwork. Many cars of this vintage are assembled, pieced together, or re-powered, and any of those will disqualify a car from the L-B Run. There's a fairly rigorous application process and they don't mess around when it comes to authenticity. The fact that this car could be used in the Run is a very large portion of its value. Without that proof, the value will take a significant hit.

I totally agree Matt.

Back in 2010 I researched some verification papers including build sheet data and the folks in England still questioned my sources. I have a copy of the original build sheet showing all the specifications including motor number, selden patent number, etc. and it satisfied my search but they wanted their own documentation. I chose not to have them document the auto because of the expense involved, plus I have no desire to restore it. Values have been all over the place for L-B eligible autos. Researching the history is a real challenge.

Crowbarr, that picture is not a 1904 Cadillac Model A or B. I think it might be a 1904 Pierce Stanhope