Back to reality

bc65riv

It looks like most of the BIG money is there on Friday and Saturday. It seems to me the first couple days and today the prices are mostly between $25 and $50K, if that, maybe some higher like the Riv. Then on Friday and Saturday the prices went SKY HIGH? I don’t know much about these auctions but I saw lots and lots of Corvettes, and lots and lots of Modified/Customs, is that the norm?

I thought the Black/Red ’64 wasn’t going to be sold?

And the other ’64 Riviera went for $30K

That is the norm. All about muscle cars and restomods. Very few Rivieras and in the case of the red and black one——zero interest. I think it was the low sale of the day despite what was claimed to be a rebuilt 425 with dual quads, disc brakes etc. The limited amount of pictures did not help, I’m sure.

All cars are no reserve except for a few highenders so it’s a gamble

I was watching it on and off the last couple of days and missed that Riv.  Actually missed all the Rivs that went up on the block. 

Might be cool to go to one, but its a whole lot of the same over and over again if you sit down and plan on watching nothing but it all day.  Mustang, Camaro, Lambo, Mustang, Corvette, Ferrari, Mustang...

25 minutes ago, Hazdaz said:

I was watching it on and off the last couple of days and missed that Riv.  Actually missed all the Rivs that went up on the block. 

Might be cool to go to one, but its a whole lot of the same over and over again if you sit down and plan on watching nothing but it all day.  Mustang, Camaro, Lambo, Mustang, Corvette, Ferrari, Mustang...

Don't forget all of those "Numbers matching Chevelles."  It's like watching a loop movie in different colors.

1 hour ago, RivNut said:

Don't forget all of those "Numbers matching Chevelles."  It's like watching a loop movie in different colors.

That's when it's exciting to see some wacky cars come through.  There was some heavily modified golden Caddy with some rather questionable changes done to it - looked like bits and pieces from a ton of different other cars stuck on it.  It definitely wasn't pretty, in my humble opinion at least, but it was still fun to watch.  

And then I'm sure there was some other special edition Mustang right after it.

To bad that the auctioneers don't group all like makes and models together by year.   Then if you wanted to watch Mustands, they'd go across the block starting with the 1964's and ending with the new ones. Then do all of the Camaros, followed by the Chevelles, then the Corvettes. ?

13 hours ago, RivNut said:

Reminds me of drag races in the early 1970's. The 340 Dusters would come out and everyone would go to the bathroom or the concession stand during the break.

Bernie

• Like 1