WTB - 1968 Riviera GS with buckets seats

kreed

4 hours ago, kreed said:

Thanks for the notice but will pass since it doesn't have original motor - pretty car though . Will keep looking - there's one out there somewhere . 

KReed

ROA 14549

Well..I lean toward original drivetrain in a collectible car but in this case, if the 455 was rebuilt or freshened up before installation, that is a big plus. IMO just the upgrade to a 455 is a positive...and the fact this is a GS means it should be equipped with a 3:42 posi. The combination of a fresh motor, more cubes and a better rear gear should make this a fun car to drive. If it is an SCO color all the better. Nice car.

Tom

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 1965rivgs said:

Well..I lean toward original drivetrain in a collectible car but in this case, if the 455 was rebuilt or freshened up before installation, that is a big plus. IMO just the upgrade to a 455 is a positive...and the fact this is a GS means it should be equipped with a 3:42 posi. The combination of a fresh motor, more cubes and a better rear gear should make this a fun car to drive. If it is an SCO color all the better. Nice car.

Tom

I wholeheartedly agree. A freshly built 455 with a 3:42 posi is a great combo in a car like this, especially if it also has a 4-speed from a Grand National.

2D1FCD50-1520-48EE-924D-7ABFF9153670.jpeg

I am not associated with this listing:

kreed, the color combo leaves a bit to be desired but this seems to fit your search criteria!

1968 Buick Riviera GS - $14500 (Belmont)

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/d/1968-buick-riviera-gs/6576486105.html

1 of 5,337 Gran Sports made
Never been painted, all original
All chrome is in great condition and complete
96,xxx original miles
Big block 430ci motor, 7.0 liter
Super clean interior with bucket seats
Factory floor shifter
New tires

Serious inquiries

00W0W_bf9LiqNr56O_1200x900.jpg.02a3a014b7ff49c24a75859198bf7fe2.jpg

00q0q_lBAI1JzOaWf_1200x900.jpg.8ea9bd23b95c18778fceaa63270257d0.jpg

Edited by NC68Riviera (see edit history)

1 hour ago, NC68Riviera said:

I am not associated with this listing:

kreed, the color combo leaves a bit to be desired but this seems to fit your search criteria!

1968 Buick Riviera GS - $14500 (Belmont)

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/d/1968-buick-riviera-gs/6576486105.html

1 of 5,337 Gran Sports made
Never been painted, all original
All chrome is in great condition and complete
96,xxx original miles
Big block 430ci motor, 7.0 liter
Super clean interior with bucket seats
Factory floor shifter
New tires

Serious inquiries

00W0W_bf9LiqNr56O_1200x900.jpg.02a3a014b7ff49c24a75859198bf7fe2.jpg

00q0q_lBAI1JzOaWf_1200x900.jpg.8ea9bd23b95c18778fceaa63270257d0.jpg

I will be checking this one out in person when get back to the Bay Area.

• Like 2

Thanks Mike - appreciate the tip but agree the color doesn't do it for me . Looks like a decent car though and price is right if it's the real deal. Do appreciate everyone keeping me in mind . I am in no hurry and will know it when I see it !  

KReed

ROA 14549

• Thanks 1

Thanks Mike - yeh I saw this a few days ago . Pretty nice car but somebody needs to show someone how to touch up paint !  Still holding out the GS with Buckets - gotta be one out there !  Thanks  for thinking of me .

KReed 

ROA 14549

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

From the ROA Members Access Only Hot Classifieds:

1968, GS, red, restored, excellent condition Bergan Co. NJ

There is a CL at the end of the listing which maybe stands for Craigslist? A quick search of New Jersey CL does not return any 68's for sale. (there is a nice 83 convertible in CT though!) :-)

Hi Mike - thanks for the note . Already have a 69 GS with buckets   but will see if I can track down the red one from the classifieds . There one out there somewhere . Love your car - the color is spectacular . Is it a bucket seat car?  Are you going to ROA. In KC ?  Thanks for thinking of me . 

Ken Reed

ROA 14549

image.jpeg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Nice 68 GS in the popular Inca Silver Mist.

You would want to see the PY stamp on the drivers side differential tube to make sure of Factory GS without docs.

In picking apart: Wrong placement GS emblem on grill (looks good anyway), modified speakers, odd radio, trunks needs restoration, air cleaner top not chromed, priced rich.

It does have the vacuum trunk release though! Most underestimatedly cool accessory.

tell em to take around $7K off and you will think about it. Hehehe. 

• Like 1

Not sure if this is a true GS or not. It doesn't have a chrome air cleaner lid but does have BS and console. Custom stereo and speakers in the doors are not my cup of tea but at least there are no speakers in the rear arm rests or package shelf.

http://www.gatewayclassiccars.com/DET/1203/1968-Buick-Riviera-GS

$25k

1203h.thumb.jpg.c788c0345dfa85baeb4e614703b4cc2b.jpg

1203ooo.thumb.jpg.ddc44a41ed134a7d5e148a067574b782.jpg

Thanks Mike  - saw that one a  few days ago .  Agree with your assessment . Exhaust looks a little funky too. . Gonna pass as I have not had a good experience with Gateway in the past  . 

KReed

ROA 14549

2 minutes ago, kreed said:

Thanks Mike  - saw that one a  few days ago .  Agree with your assessment . Exhaust looks a little funky too. . Gonna pass as I have not had a good experience with Gateway in the past  . 

KReed

ROA 14549

Have you been able to look at the one going up for auction in Maine? The two pictures I saw seem to indicate that may be a nice car. Looking forward to hearing more about it (and seeing pictures too!). Good luck.

I contacted the owner and asked for a few pictures but he said they would be posted on the auction house site soon so I made waiting to see those . Thanks for all your help - there's one out there somewhere !  

Ken Reed

ROA 14549

28 minutes ago, kreed said:

Just checked the auction web site and pictures are posted - not  what I am looking for unfortunately . The search continues . I think you got the last beautiful 68 ! :D

KReed

ROA 14549

Thanks. I think your opinion of my car would change if you saw the underside! :(

1 hour ago, kreed said:

Just checked the auction web site and pictures are posted - not  what I am looking for unfortunately . The search continues . I think you got the last beautiful 68 ! :D

KReed

ROA 14549

The Maine car doesn't appear to be in bad shape. Just not an exciting color nor a BS/console car. :wacko:

• 1 month later...

Maybe this is the one?

https://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/6662673262.html

1968 Buick Riviera GS - $12700

Cleveland CL

Bucket with console and early production Deluxe interior. Non-chrome air cleaner lid though. :-\

The pictures are dated 2016, which may not be an issue.

Edited by NC68Riviera (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...