Make of sports car / speedster / racer at Brooklands 2017 UK

qwilleran56

Does anyone know the make of this car. I have noticed it in British hill climb and gathering youtube videos. I clipped these two pictures off of a video, and the video was filmed at Brooklands in the UK in 2017 as near as I can tell. One assumes that it might be British, but could easily be Italian or French. 

I think it is a great looking car and would like to know the make and a little history.

Thanks,

Dale

unknown brand at Brooklands in Britain.PNG

unknown brand at Brooklands 2017 in Britain rear view.PNG

1 hour ago, alsfarms said:

What a nice looking car.  Can someone post running gear specifications for us to chew on?  I do not know much of Italian cars.

Al

The link I provided above give the basic mechanicals. An acquaintance of mine, who passed away recently at the age of 97, built one from scratch many years ago using genuine mechanicals of the era, though it was powered by a post WW2 ohv Simca engine which was development of the original.  There is some good info with this one   -   https://www.shannons.com.au/auctions/2015-shannons-sydney-late-autumn-classic-auction/ST98XD4A28R1422E/

We had a tour through the local restoration shop where my son works, in August 2017. There was an Australian owned Balilla in for service. It has been to the Mille Miglia so is very correct in its specification - note the tyres. I didn't look under the hood though - we were busy looking at other stuff.  I will make another thread with a couple of other cars - which I guess could be called speedsters.

IMG_8257 (1024x768).jpg

IMG_8258 (1024x768).jpg

IMG_8259 (1024x768).jpg

IMG_8260 (1024x768).jpg

IMG_8261 (1024x768).jpg

6 minutes ago, qwilleran56 said:

Thank you for the make and model. And also for the additional pictures and links to the history. I think it is a sharp looking car. It is also similar in design to the 1917 Chalmers speedster that I am attempting to build.

Dale

Except that the Fiat is tiny.