1953 Super Dynaflow dipstick

Kiwimal

I have no trans dipstick & have been unable to source one so resigned to fabricating one.

Its part #1163962.

Could somebody be kind enough to measure theirs from 'bottom to full mark' and from 'full mark to top of tube'.

I'm in New Zealand - never seen another '53 down here.

Appreciate any assistance thanks Malc

It occurs to me now I should have scoped out and measured the fill tube/dipstick tube, but it is an original 53 twin turbine Dynaflow. From the underside of the black cap, the dipstick is 16 11/16" long. That is, the dipstick reaches down the tube 16 11/16". From the bottom of the stick, the add oil mark is up 1 7/16" and the full mark is up 2 5/16".

I can put up a couple pics after my dinner, and I can measure the fill tube tomorrow or next day.

There is an early and a late-1953 Buick Dynaflow oil gauge rod and fill tube when installed behind a 1953 V8 engine. Malc's posted Part Number is for the shorter and late-1953 Dynaflow oil gauge rod that is the same as all 1954 Buick Dynaflows according to my Parts Book that goes up through 1954. My early-1953 oil gauge rods have the larger cap and longer rod (for a Dynaflow behind a V8 Super/Roadmaster) if you need dimensions.

SKOL ViQUEENS !

Al Malachowski

BCA #8965

"500 Miles West of Flint"

Edited by 1953mack (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2018 at 7:00 PM, 1953mack said:

There is an early and a late-1953 Buick Dynaflow oil gauge rod and fill tube when installed behind a 1953 V8 engine. Malc's posted Part Number is for the shorter and late-1953 Dynaflow oil gauge rod that is the same as all 1954 Buick Dynaflows according to my Parts Book that goes up through 1954. My early-1953 oil gauge rods have the larger cap and longer rod (for a Dynaflow behind a V8 Super/Roadmaster) if you need dimensions.

SKOL ViQUEENS !

Al Malachowski

BCA #8965

Al after fabricating a 1163962 I believe mine is probably the earlier model as the top/cap appears significantly larger than the pattern I copied. Can you help with earlier dimensions please. 

Thanks Malc

7 hours ago, Kiwimal said:

Al after fabricating a 1163962 I believe mine is probably the earlier model as the top/cap appears significantly larger than the pattern I copied. Can you help with earlier dimensions please. 

Thanks Malc

PM will be sent this morning with all the info. Thanks.

Al Malachowski

BCA #8965