What model car is this - taken circa 1930s Zacatecas Mexico

Annie77

Thanks so much to all who responded. I so appreciate it! I had been initially searching (in vain) for the type of car by whatever is appearing there above the license plate. Thought it started with a Z, and maybe it does. I still don't get what this would refer to, but thanks to the wonderful Forum help I can see for sure that the car in my Real Photo Postcard is an Austin circa 1930 (maybe a coupe). In looking at Austin Bantam online I found an interesting article:  The Austin Comes to America - Part 1 of the American Austin Bantam Story. Within this article is a link on the American Austin Bantam that states it was first introduced to the public January 4, 1930 at the New York auto show. (See the "Love Nest Candy Advertising" article.) So, then maybe my car might have been a Bantam. But in any case they were (are) beautiful little cars. Wish I had one :-)

The car in the original post is a 1930 American Austin not a Bantam.  These little cars have a great following in the US.  There are Two clubs  The cars are reasonably priced and parts are available.

This is a 1933 roadster version.

AABCShow Off.jpg

In 1943 I worked in a service station and we had a customer who drove a Bantam. The gas tank was under the hood; probably held 5 gallons but he could only get 3 gallons on his WWII rationing stamp!

It cost him 78 cents (26 cents per gal)

I have heard that the Bantam crankshaft ran on ball bearings. Is that true or false?