1937 Buick Special - Opinions re. condition

Hello Matt,

Thank you for sending the links... I was chasing that very nice Special before it was posted here; much before I decided to go for a Century... Well, the thing is-if anyone decided to buy such a car for 16K, isn't it to risky since it doesn't even run? As good as it looks (love the color) you have to dump some money into it... Tires, brakes, electrical, interior... Then pray that the motor and transmission are good. It may very well be Pandora's box when you can't hear a vehicle run... It its present condition I would not feel comfortable giving much more than the current bid.. You may think I am harsh, but I already been bitten twice!!

As for the Packard, I don't know much about their price to think the auction might be bogus... It is a very nicely finished car, but I am sold on the 37/38 Buick look, but prefer a 38 for the known improvements... If I had to downgrade I will go for a 36/37 Oldsmobile L or F model...

• 1 month later...

No worries my friend... I'm well into my 38 Century. I am glad I waited ( and thankful for the advice) and was able to obtain it... Despite some needed urgent repairs, it is a nice car. I can't wait to really go down the road with both rear wheel bearings... Only had one intact! As for the other major stuff, my fuel tank should be back from Moyer's next week. If I had to say anything else about prewar cars, if it wasn't for the invaluable help provided by Dave Tacheny, I would go nowhere!! Almost impossible to find parts, at least for a newbie  such as myself. We're all very fortunate to have him as a source...