Why???

Laughing Coyote

Looks to be pretty well done as far as proportions and wheel locations.  I've seen a lot worse attempts.  There was a 59 Ford wagon done the same way in this neck of the woods.  I saw it in person at a show for sale and it was nice and other than the conversion,  totally stock looking above the running gear.  The problem came,  when the guy tried to sell it (might still be for sale). As a stock 59 wagon it would have sold in a couple days at the 20 G asking price.  It was really nice as was the trim, paint and interior.  Probably better than a 3,  the problem is no one wanted a 4 wheel drive wagon for that kind of money.  

I think that may be the same regret here when the time comes some day to sell.  

They just need to market it right and find the one guy to believe it's a Napco type factory conversion for the postal service to deliver mail in North Dakota or MT?  Sounds believable.  Just photos shop an old brochure and you are good to go. ;)

Edited by auburnseeker (see edit history)
  • Like 1

The only one of those I was ever close to was an old pickup. The young kid driving it took off from a stop light lost control of it hit two cars and ended up on its side. The kid climbed out wasn’t hurt but had the most shocked look on his face. “WTF just happened”. The look on the owners of the cars he hit was something else!  

What ever happened to the laws that many places had saying that you could NOT change the trim height of a vehicle?  Or is this just one of the many LAWS that the police decide not to enforce?

22 minutes ago, Tinindian said:

What ever happened to the laws that many places had saying that you could NOT change the trim height of a vehicle?  Or is this just one of the many LAWS that the police decide not to enforce?

I've been told to my face by Minneapolis police that they simply don't have time for many of the things that they once did. Serious and violent crime is about all that they can address.

9 minutes ago, Hudsy Wudsy said:

I've been told to my face by Minneapolis police that they simply don't have time for many of the things that they once did. Serious and violent crime is about all that they can address.

Here they have a horrible litter problem and don't enforce that law either, like turn signal use,

no mufflers, reckless driving, DUI, automatic weapons, arson or anything except drug laws, then the judges let them out before the report are done.  It's a new world.

2 hours ago, Paul Dobbin said:

Here they have a horrible litter problem and don't enforce that law either, like turn signal use,

no mufflers, reckless driving, DUI, automatic weapons, arson or anything except drug laws, then the judges let them out before the report are done.  It's a new world.

Yes, a new, but sad world. :(