WANTED - Real nice, "done" 1971 Riviera

cjp69

I am looking to buy a real nice 71 Riviera (not a 72/73, 71 only), original or restored car.

By a real nice done car, I mean it is ready to get in the car take it for a 3 hour drive with no issues and enter it into a show and be one of the nicer cars there.  Not looking for a car needing paint, body work, interior work, extensive detailing.   I realize I am being picky.

I am not looking for a nice $10k.  I know what I am looking for will cost more than that.  I have seen most that are advertised and look frequently at the ROA Classifieds, ebay, craigslist, etc.  If you have one or know of one that currently isn't advertised, that can be bought, please let me know!

Something of this caliber would be great ( I missed buying this one last year).

Thanks in advance, Chris

IMG_1089.JPG

IMG_1093.JPG

IMG_1103.JPG

IMG_1124a.JPG

IMG_1128a.JPG

Edited by cjp69 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Giftman said:

Well, you have to be a big fan of green, but if you check out Kansas City CL, there is a clean 71 listed for 15.5k ask.

I saw this yesterday but I didn't think that it lived up to expectations.

It needs some detailing in the engine bay.

00y0y_6FsMAMcXspi_600x450.jpg

Problems with the power window switch

00h0h_aDNnoZxGDDR_600x450.jpg

It's a pretty basic car.  Bench seat and wheel covers.

00303_ijGkYeqVNEp_600x450.jpg

00t0t_3zfnJoU9wJa_600x450.jpg

If there's an interest, here's the link.

https://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/d/1971-buick-boat-tail-riviera/6401682385.html

2 hours ago, RivNut said:

I saw this yesterday but I didn't think that it lived up to expectations.

It needs some detailing in the engine bay.

00y0y_6FsMAMcXspi_600x450.jpg

Problems with the power window switch

00h0h_aDNnoZxGDDR_600x450.jpg

It's a pretty basic car.  Bench seat and wheel covers.

00303_ijGkYeqVNEp_600x450.jpg

00t0t_3zfnJoU9wJa_600x450.jpg

If there's an interest, here's the link.

https://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/d/1971-buick-boat-tail-riviera/6401682385.html

Ed is correct, does not live up to expectations, I am looking for something nicer.  And it is too much green.  That one has been for sale for several months. 

Thanks, Chris

On 1/18/2018 at 10:43 AM, cjp69 said:

I would sell that one too, I rarely drive it, just sits in the storage garage behind another guy's car. 

61 Buick Electra1.jpg

It's probably a good thing that you're located on the opposite side of the continent from me!   :P

14 hours ago, EmTee said:

It's probably a good thing that you're located on the opposite side of the continent from me!   :P

If only I had a dollar for every time I heard that, I wouldn't have to sell anything, lol.  :>)

• Haha 1

Hi Chris,

From cruising the Buick forums I see you are always taking time to help connect buyers with sellers so here goes...there was a burgundy/white boatail GS advertised about 40 miles west of Chicago for a couple of months but I no longer see the craigs list ad. I saw the car months ago (actually years ago before the owner passed away) when the car was posted for sale. I wasnt interested in a boatail but visited for other items but it looked like a pretty nice car with fresh paint/restoration. Do you know the car? If still for sale I may be available to inspect the car for you. Send me a PM and let me know...sooner rather than later as I am planning to be close the the car`s location in the next week.

Tom Mooney

• Like 1

16 hours ago, cjp69 said:

Thanks Ed, I saw that one last week, not quite at the level I am looking for.  In talking with a few guys who know more about these than I do, I also believe the interior has been redone, and is not the correct fabric? 

You are absolutely correct that the interior has been redone and not in the correct fabric.

Bob Bonto

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 1965rivgs said:

Hi Chris,

From cruising the Buick forums I see you are always taking time to help connect buyers with sellers so here goes...there was a burgundy/white boatail GS advertised about 40 miles west of Chicago for a couple of months but I no longer see the craigs list ad. I saw the car months ago (actually years ago before the owner passed away) when the car was posted for sale. I wasnt interested in a boatail but visited for other items but it looked like a pretty nice car with fresh paint/restoration. Do you know the car? If still for sale I may be available to inspect the car for you. Send me a PM and let me know...sooner rather than later as I am planning to be close the the car`s location in the next week.

Tom Mooney

Thanks Tom, message sent!

6 hours ago, cjp69 said:

Thanks, I say that one, but I am looking for one nicer than that, definitely don't want to buy a car I need to do rust repair on and repaint. 

Ahhh C'mon Chris, where is your sense of adventure. Afraid of paint prison? :P

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...