Custom door panel

pyntre

38 minutes ago, pyntre said:

Does anyone have any idea as to who owns this car or what was used to create the silver inlay rather than the wood veneer on the door panel ?  It's a really nice look without going too crazy custom I think !!! 

IMG_7661.JPG

It looks like they used the same material as the light grey (leather or vinyl) of the seats wich looks pretty cool on that picture...

I used to remake my door panels with wood. But you you can redo them the way I did, while using different materials... for example with leather, vinyl or any other material wich is not too thick to apply. (Even with bursted aluminium sheets or very thin structured metal wich gives a kind of silver look).

Here the way I‘ve done it, maybe this helps. (You can navigate from part to part using the side arrows)

Here it starts:

http://riviera65.com/portfolio-item/veneer-part-1-published-in-the-riview-marchapril-2017/

enjoy and let inspire you ?

• 2 weeks later...

I just got some samples in the mail from Formica company , don't laugh ! 

They have new line called DECOMETAL that is really sharp and is exactly the same .040 inch thickness as the walnut veneer . Thinking hard about maybe using that in 

place of the walnut for a mild custom look ! 

Hey Mr Scanlan want to cut some of this stuff on your laser ?????? ??

Thanks Schmiddy for the right up on the door panels !! I am starting completely from scratch on mine so all your info really has helped !

10 hours ago, pyntre said:

Thanks Schmiddy for the right up on the door panels !! I am starting completely from scratch on mine so all your info really has helped !

You're welcome! Many roads lead to Rome! ^_^ ...Decometal has great stuff and in my opinion, for a custom look, this is a cool alternative! 

A real option for customizing your inserts is WTP technologie (Water Transfer Printing). You just need your insert sheets cut the right way (Does not have to be metal) and then you can print them with the subject you want! Ask the supplier that the finish is made in a scratch-resistant layer. Has a terrific look when it's well done! 

I don't know where you have such supplier in the US, but big brother Google will surely help you! ;)
A quick search gave me this example, they have a huge amount of pattern:
https://watertransferprinting.com/product-cat/hydrographic-film/