1955 Buick Paint code 9F ?

Leif Holmberg

Try no further.

It’s obvious to me that this Body by Fisher Number Plate picture is not of a Buick that you own. It’s a fake.

It’s also sad to say that HOMETOWN BUICK put their watermark on the picture and didn’t acknowledge where they stole the picture from (plagiarism?) or explain what the TRIM and PAINT code numbers mean.  

The 9 does not mean that it was a special order for 9 coats of Colonial Blue acrylic lacquer on a 1955 Buick Model 52.

Neither does it mean that the 1955 Buick Model 52 four-door sedan received a Black convertible top (code 9) with everything below the convertible top painted Colonial Blue.

This bogus picture was published in the 1955 Buick Shop Manuals. It should not have been published with those TRIM and PAINT code numbers. They are not 1955 alphanumerics and they are confusing.  

The TRIM and PAINT code numbers are 1954 Buick alphanumerics.

1954 Buick PAINT code 9F  =  a two-tone paint job.

9  =  Ranier Blue bottom.

F  =  Cavalier Blue top.

The original (not doctored-up) picture shown below was published in the 1954 Buick Shop Manuals.

Does anyone disagree?

1-Scan.jpg.7fb000bba52ab02cd02c03a5f1ccb4f2.jpg

Al Malachowski

BCA #8965

“500 Miles West of Flint”

Edited by 1953mack (see edit history)

Thanks Al.

I think that tell why the 1955 plate are stamped with 9F  as the  1954 plates are stamped.But still wondering why HOMETOWN BUICK used this 1955 plate.They have an explanation on everything on the 1955 plate but not on this 9 digit.

I was asking this question just becuse I `m helping a 1955 owner to identifying their  1955 plate.

Many thanks Al.

Leif in Sweden.