1926 Buick Coupe Kansas city craigslist - plus more cars

Yes Leif it is a 54C although if the colors on it are correct for the car (Patrol Green over Patrol Cream) it may be a 1927 Country Club Coupe. It could have been registered as a 1926 if bought late in 1926. My grandfather said that is first car was a 1927 Buick Country Club Coupe that he bought in 1930. He said that the body was all brown, a color offered on this model in 1928. So it too may have been sold in 1927 and registered that way.

Unfortunately this car looks to be holding up the building it is in. The duct tape holding the doors closed at the windshield tell me it needs all new wood!

But yes.I would have loved to have one..

Recently there has been a flourish of activity with people restoring /working on these cars. I feel that spare parts may find a ready market. My friend here in PA. has (2) 1927 model 54 Master Sport Roadsters. He always is extoling the virtues of the 1927s over the previous year Buicks. (Like my 1925s.).

Depending on the condition of the "spares" this may be a good deal.

What he is asking is what I paid for my 1925-45 Touring as a solid, (all wood is good, nice top and upholstery) running, somewhat drive-able car with a trailer of parts. The family had it offered for several years and I was the one with the best offer.

5a56d1f13ed1c_14914824_1108406922540908_1016340747_n1.jpg.1fb89fa0984bb5a417c975decabfe71a.jpgJoan and I driving in it the day after we brought it home.

Edited by dibarlaw (see edit history)
  • Like 1

The Patrol Green and Patrol  Cream only seems to have been used on 1927-24 and 25 models,after that ,this paint code was gone?

In 1926 the Texas Brown seems to be used on this 54 models.

But I`m wondering about the rust on the head light houses,what I think they have been nickled on this model ,as well as on the other ser.50 models?

Leif in Sweden.

IMG (2).jpg

IMG.jpg

9 hours ago, Imperial62 said:

The 1926-27-28 Buick he is asking $5500.00   But the catch is it includes 3-4 engines, 5 hoods, fenders, and what he said was 2 truckloads of extra parts.  

So am I thinking all wrong  I think that is a good price  or i overpaid for mine -Kyle

Edited by sligermachine (see edit history)
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sligermachine said:

So am I thinking all wrong  I think that is a good price  or i overpaid for mine -Kyle

But isn't yours a roadster?  That would bring a premium.

The coupe pictured above has one of my favorite details on a car, the vertical  "standing seam" on the top material at the back of the top, which makes the back of the top look curved when in fact it's straight.  In a post a while back someone had another name for this detail, I believe.  If you look at the picture above you can just see the curve at the rear of the top, that's fabric and not metal shape. 

• Like 2

Leif I understand about the Patrol Green and cream not showing up on the old documents we have available. But I have seen several Original cars with this combination. My friend has a 1927 model 54 roadster as well as a repainted 1927 54 in Courier Brown and Cream.(Original colors) I have seen several 1927-55 sport touring cars the same way. Just speculating as I am known to do. The cowl tag, chassis and engine #s would tell correct year.

But I agree with Imperial it is a chancy thing on buying the whole package and get stuck with all the extra parts. Also verifying the exact application of the 2 1/2 truckloads of parts, as you mentioned would be a long drawn out process. My typical story... I need the part in PA. but you have it in Louisiana or Nebraska. The cost of shipping is more than twice what it may be worth. So I do without or keep looking. I lost out on the 1923-55 in Arizona. A nondescript pile of 1922 parts were to be part of the deal. I offered $1,500 more than it was sold for because the buyer was local.

The 1925-45 I posted photos of that came with a spare 1924 engine brought home on a trailer and a pick up load of spare parts. After a year I do not believe I found a useable part. I think any good useable spare part already went into the car. I tried to deal on a mostly complete parts chassis of a 1925-54 in New York for the previous owners of my car. At the time they were not sure they wanted to sell yet and did not want a parts car. I tried to get them to sell at the time while the parts chassis was available. No luck. That chassis was scrapped and has probably been turned into some major appliance by now.

Isn't what you see for the top typically "cobra grain vinyl"? I've seen it as "corbra" so I don't know which would be the typo. 

Neat car...would certainly be interesting to own. My space is pretty full and I have a couple projects on the go so not for me right now.