Radiator Cap

Sactownog

what are you guys doing about the Radiator cap? I have the original Ram Radiator cap however I do not want to drive with it around town and would like a regular replacement to have unless I am going to a show/meet then I would want to put on the Ram. 

reason: people steel stuff a lot down here in San Diego, CA so to ensure my Ram stays in the family I want a different cap for regular use. :)

Or, there is a 33-34 truck cap that will fit, has no ram, just a large ridge.  That will match up with the elongated shape of the grille shell at the rear of the filler hole.  Some of those say 'DODGE' across the front, but I think those are for the big trucks with the larger, much heavier grille shells--I think those may be too big, but maybe not.  Plain ones with the ridge look pretty nice but not so nice that somebody would steal them.

• Like 1

There are at least a dozen flat caps on ebay right now.  Several of them would fit your radiator.  Prices from $5.00 to you don't really want to know.  I have one that I carry and always remove my mascot when the car is unattended.  Originally I put a chain on my first cap and had it attached inside my radiator.  One night somebody jerked on the cap hard enough to break the chain, stole the cap and in the process broke a headlamp housing.  Now I just take the mascot with me.

These are all reasons I dont want to run my Ram, I have the Ram, it will be for shows and cruising, however when I see the price they go for, my Ram will not be sitting available for anyone ever. thanks for the input, I will grab one on E-bay for a Dodge truck or Plymouth.