Not Mine

: My dad had a REO 1936 or 38 sedan that he was working on. A lot
of the work is done. Wondering if anyone would be interested (Bristol, CT.)

Contact Robert Sitka

860  372  9607

Edited by Mark Gregory (see edit history)

I think Mark is trying to help with these short ads to just let other members know what's out there.Maybe one day he'll come across something that will tickle your fancy! He's making an effort!

• Like 1

Yes, kudos to Mark for bringing us info on REOs for sale.

Keep up the good work. The only request I have is for lower prices. Can you work on that for us?

Gary the Reo Club of America has a Yahoo site . I am on their email mailing list . Here is all the ad said not much more than I posted . I appreciate the couragement about posting the ads . I hate to see these Orphan cars going to scrap .

9 hours ago, RansomEli said:

Yes, kudos to Mark for bringing us info on REOs for sale.

Keep up the good work. The only request I have is for lower prices. Can you work on that for us?

Indeed!  I enjoy reading the ads too.  I have several pieces of REO truck sales brochures in my collection but no automobile.  Will have to work on that deficiency!

Lower prices ? you guys must be dreaming !As soon as something is for sale for a good price a dealer will jump on it to resell it for a higher price .The only way to get the prices down is when the dealers have to sit on their cars and have to sell them at lower prices than before .We have the same thing here with houses so when an elderly couple thinks about selling their house a company like century 21 jumps on it telling the people they have to be crazy to sell for that price .They talk the people in to ask more so they get a share of the cake also en in the mean time the prices go up also .You can see the same thing at an auction with no reserve , first the dealers are bidding until they think there is no money to make anymore and then the person who really wants the car for himself can buy it .But i have to be honest we all are in a certain way dealers when we can buy something for a small price we will all buy it in the hope to make a few $$ or euros in my case 

A "dealer" or any person operating a legal business pays taxes on profits, pays insurances for a long list of items by mandate, and has to comply to code regulations and other compliance's. Ignorance is not an excuse and even those casual sales are subject to fees.

It is easy to fix everything from the couch.

I like reading the ads and speculating on cars I might buy. I even read ads when I am supposed to be working. I guess I should let the boss know.

Bernie

On 1/4/2018 at 6:31 PM, Mark Gregory said:

Not Mine

Contact Robert Sitka

860  372  9607

Top-10-Reasons-Why-LMS-Implementation-Fail.png

Correct, 36 is the last year and really rare.  There was one incomplete project car here in Iowa.  They had a nice Collectible Automobile article on them 3-4 years back, the last years of the REO.  I believe it was a flathead 6 cylinder but I could be wrong.  Typical 36 waterfall grilles. 

I remember seeing the Craigslist ad for that '36 Reo in Iowa. Wonder if anybody saved it? It was on Craigslist for quite some time.

Peter sefton

The big Grahams too, like the Supercharger had Reo Flying Cloud bodies in 1936-37. I thought the little crusader was not the Reo body, but the pic you posted is obviously a Reo body, so I guess it was too. At some point Graham got a steel insert in the hole in the roof. 1937s had it, not sure about 1936.

In 1937, Grahams got a minor body change for a split windshield. Since there are no 1937 Reo Flying Clouds, there should be no Reos with a split windshield, right?

I scratch my head every time I see this. Can any of you guys explain it?

3608540530_2427c25dc2.jpg

I belong to the Reo Club of America . I was told by a Reo member that a 1936 Reo owner . His chrome moulding strips are solid steel plated as these were use as Dies to make the other mouldings ?  But when the company was going broke they put anything they could on the cars to get the car off the assembly line . It could be a 1930's Urban Legend ? Maybe they had a split window sitting around .

Maybe... but the roof stamping would have to be different because of the v-shaped windshield, and that didn't occur in Graham until 1937. Could there be a 1937 Reo or two?

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 8:50 PM, Peter S said:

I remember seeing the Craigslist ad for that '36 Reo in Iowa. Wonder if anybody saved it? It was on Craigslist for quite some time.

Peter sefton

Peter

That car was literally miles away from me but it was typical CL BS.  The seller did not own the car. He was posting for a salvage yard / lot where the car was located. My impression in talking with the guy who posted the ad was - he asked the owner if he could sell the car and the guy said sure, why not.  I think the idea was to sell it for more and take a cut as a finders fee.

Anyway the seller could never work out a time to meet and view the car so I gave up. Probably still there.

I typically post CL ads with contact information if available.  So you may be able to resurrect the AACA post here.

Edited by Imperial62 (see edit history)

Have you guys seen the 1927  1928 Reo Flying Cloud FS on ebay? It´s in Iowa also.

It is a sedan, starting price $6,500. 37,071 miles listed, ¨older restoration, ran a few years ago¨, F/S by ¨deerlakedr¨. Seller in Dysart, over by Cedar Rapids. Auction ends SUN 9:00 p.m.

Just for fun, and because I saw a great restoration of one at the Reynolds Museum in Wetaskiwin, I looked up a few things about Flying Clouds.

1. 1st car fitted with the new Lockheed internal-expanding hydraulic brakes
  2.  popular bootlegger/police car
  3.  249 c.i.d. 6-cyl., 7-main bearing, REO L-head engine
  4.  $1,845 new
  5.  121¨ w.b.

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)