Terraplane ID help

Bill W

Terraplane when I was young. Been trying to ID for many years. 2door - small deck behind seats I remember being up there - photo 1948 - guess it to be late 30s model. Thankful for any help. Been using the grill design to ID but no luck.

Bill

weisdav13.JPG

By Llewellyn Hedgbeth

A low-cost, high-performance vehicle, the Hudson Terraplane was linked with speed, excitement, and the fascination of flight. Built between 1932 and 1938, it was offered with this sales slogan: "On the sea that's aquaplaning, in the air that's aeroplaning, but on the land, in the traffic, on the hills, hot diggity dog, THAT'S TERRAPLANING".

Just found this - had to share. Great stuff. Sorry for all the words. Narrows the search.

Bill

Thanks for photos. One last question comes up. Photo I found of the 2 Door Brougham had larger back side windows. Maybe a back seat there? Photos from Leif I see the back side windows smaller like ours was. Is this a different model produced?  Like with or without a back seat? Ours had I deck I remember but no real back seat?

The last photo from Xander has a different grill. Opposite the center chrome section. Does not go to top like I have seen before. And is different design. Did 36 actually have different grill models?

Thanks

Bill

22 hours ago, Leif Holmberg said:

Here are 2 coupes Hudson Terraplane 1936 with or without fender light.

Leif in Sweden.

Hudson Terraplane 1936.jpg

Hudson Terraplane Coupe 1936.jpg

The fender lights look suspicious.  The maroon coupe has had seal beams installed, so why not fender lights from such as perhaps a mid '30s Buick added also?  I haven't found other pictures of Terraplanes of this year with them, but my search hasn't been exhaustive..

First picture on‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 9:58 AM from Leif in Sweden is the small coupe. Good shot of the 36 design. This is series 61 and was a standard series and did not have our vent windows. Compared to ours the differences are; no vent windows and it had white wall tires and fender skirts. This is closest I have ever seen.

thanks

Bill