Steering wheel restoration

66HemiCharger

Hi all, 

Looking to see if anyone has had a bakealite steering wheel restored. I have one that is missing one large section of it. This one is from a 1926 Brockway American Lafrance Fire truck. Any help is appreciated. I already checked with Steering Wheel Bob who says he can not repair it. 

20171229_062814.jpg

Contact Shrock brothers in Coalport, PA. They do steering wheel repairs for Studebaker and maybe able to help. Talk to David. shrockbrothers.com 814-672-5544. Don't be discouraged if you see their capability with die cast toys. They do that as well. They engineered a special pressure jig for steering wheels. The Bakelite might be tough to duplicate, so consider substitutes.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Friartuck said:

Contact Shrock brothers in Coalport, PA. They do steering wheel repairs for Studebaker and maybe able to help. Talk to David. shrockbrothers.com 814-672-5544. Don't be discouraged if you see their capability with die cast toys. They do that as well. They engineered a special pressure jig for steering wheels. The Bakelite might be tough to duplicate, so consider substitutes.

I agree.  I work with Tom.  You will not be disapointed with the quality.

If all those leads fail, take your wheel to a good metal fabrication shop. They can make the steel part of your wheel. Then you can take it to the folks who do the Bakelite or equivalent repairs.

Please share the final results.