No lights on Instrument Panel Cluster 1988

BGerrells

1988 reatta. I left for work this morning and noticed that my dash was dark. No fuel gauge or speed. The touch screen to the right worked and allowed me to brighten/dim with the slider. I’ve read on the forums to check fuse 6 and 9. They look good. Anything else I can try?

If you replace your cluster and decide not to have the old one rebuilt, let me know if you'd be willing to send it my way for a few bucks plus shipping. I have a project on the back burner to rebuild some 88/89 clusters (I have several with various problems making them unusable presently) and would like some spare parts. Better that than have the old IPC thrown away as junk. Thanks, 

KDirk 

On 12/31/2017 at 9:08 AM, KDirk said:

If you replace your cluster and decide not to have the old one rebuilt, let me know if you'd be willing to send it my way for a few bucks plus shipping. I have a project on the back burner to rebuild some 88/89 clusters (I have several with various problems making them unusable presently) and would like some spare parts. Better that than have the old IPC thrown away as junk. Thanks, 

I have an IPC  from I believe an '87 Riviera. As you probably know there are three circuit boards. The power supply board was a match and I used it but the other two boards did not match so the unit I have has a bad power supply board. If you are interested I will be happy to ship it.

32 minutes ago, DS_Porter 89 Burgandy said:

I have an IPC  from I believe an '87 Riviera.

I believe the IPC's from Riviera '86/'87 are a little different than the Riviera '88/'89.

86/87 Rivi is a different cluster (looks the same but has different CPU board and no ABS indicator like the 88/89) so doesn't work in a Reatta.  DS, if you have  no need for the remaining parts of that 87 IPC there are portions of it that can be used as spare parts for a rebuild if you are willing to send it along. PM me if youd like to arrange that. Thanks!

• Like 1