1936 Dodge D2 TS Newcomer

1936 Viper

I recently bought a 1936 D2 TS 29K original miles.  I have often come to this site to look for answers to my questions, so figured it was time to throw my hat in the ring an join.  Car in pretty good shape, new paint, need a brake job not sure of the extent and a tell tale drip from the rear main seal area, probably needs rear pinon seal also, So will be postin questions to come

image.png.6fccdf0ed5e49a24a0ccf73f826f7d7f.png

• Like 3

Greetings from the Great Pacific North West.

I have a couple 36 Dodges. They are great cars. You will be able to travel at 60 M.P.H. all day long and get 20 mpg. e-mail me there are lots of parts still available.

first picture of my coupe on AACA ever.

Frank

Car Show 044.jpg

sign&coupe.jpg

• Like 1

On December 29, 2017 at 2:27 PM, jpage said:

But not Dodge skirts. Dodge skirts don't have the chrome strip at the bottom but do share the winged emblems but they should fit.

Would they look good Yes or No J page I got both set with both emblems. You always got to be so Mopar correct? Relax bro and will fit not should!!

Edited by Uptowndodge (see edit history)

22 hours ago, jpage said:

That coupe was up for sale a while ago. '36 car with what looks like a '37 grille. Frankenmess!

jpage,

That was several years ago when I was a bit hungrier than I am now,

One of the daughters wants it and wont let me sell it now.

This was my first build. I drug it out of the briars in the 70s.

It is indeed a 37 grill, I have now located the crank cover. After that investment I cant afford to sell it.

Not a mess by the way, very well sorted. I will take that as jealousy.

Edited by JACK M (see edit history)
  • Like 1

No, there's no jealousy here. We all have the privilege to do what we want and there is no accounting for taste. I just prefer the stock cars . To me it's a shame to alter an old car , but that's just me. There are so many altered cars out there that many have no idea what an original even looks like! It's just a history thing. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Didn't mean to be harsh.

I often wish I had taken pictures when I spotted it in the blackberry patch. Totally disassembled with no running gear or front suspension.

It was tangled up in a bunch of old fencing and other scrap metal. (not to mention the blackberries)

At least it was free, but I had to take all the scrap to get the remains of the car. Took me a few days to get it all out of there.

That must have been around 1980.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

The two coupes pictured in this thread are obviously different.  Frankngin's coupe has a short driver's door window while JACK M's has a much longer window.  At least to my eye.  Is this a rumble seat vs. non-rumble seat issue?  If not, what are the two body styles shown?  Curious minds want to know?

3 hours ago, Pete in PA said:

The two coupes pictured in this thread are obviously different.  Frankngin's coupe has a short driver's door window while JACK M's has a much longer window.  At least to my eye.  Is this a rumble seat vs. non-rumble seat issue?  If not, what are the two body styles shown?  Curious minds want to know?

I think it’s just the photo. If you look at the second photo of Franks it looks long. 

According to my parts book, both the rumble seat coupe and the bus.coupe use the same doors which are specific for those body styles. I think it's just the camera angle that makes one look slightly wider. All body styles except the conv. and conv. sedan use the same window regulator.

Hey "1936 Viper" Lee,

Ever get the brakes sorted out? Been driving it at all?

1936 D2 still working on car after a big flood last Jan.  Getting back to where I was a year ago.  Running gear all good.  Either my fuel pump decided to die or float valve clogged.  Not getting fuel to float bowl.  Will try fuel pump rebuild and then if no luck carburetor rebuild.  Then ready to do brakes and wheel bearings over.  Long slog but getting there .  Have another post documenting after flood restoration.  Amazingly resilient cars.