51 Dragon value?

I know nothing about Kaiser Dragons.  That said, I am trying to assist a friend in valuing a 51 dragon.  Sorry, no pictures.  Last tagged in 1990, sitting since.  Likely a very original car - maroon  "dragon" interior in very decent shape, exterior paint tired.  Chrome and trim maybe a little better than expected.  Mechanical completely unknown.  4 flat tires and the requisite layer of dust.  Dry California car, indoor stored.   Any idea what the market range might be?  Is there a market....?

Edited by flackmaster
grammer (see edit history)

Love the "dragon" vinyl interior and overall the car seems to be solid and worthy of reinvigorating.

Scarce parts and not being a sought after marque likely would affect desirability but given what appears to be good bones someone may be keen.

Curious as to location and asking price.

In 1951, the Dragon was a trim variant based on the Deluxe model. For 1953, the Dragon became its own model with options like power steering and fancier interiors.

1951 Dragons are under appreciated because of the more upscale 53 cars, however, a nice 51 Dragon can be a great car to own. The 1951 cars are simpler to maintain, parts are more plentiful and it's the first year for the new body style.

Looking at the pictures, the car appears to be an early model Dragon based on the bulge in the firewall. Early 51 Kaisers had the bulge added to use up leftover 49-50 Kaiser Motorola radios. Later cars don't have the bulge and the radio is the same as in the 52-55 Kaisers.

I'm part of the NADA Value Guide appraisal group and Kaiser and Frazer cars are my specialty. Based on the pictures, I think the earlier assessment of $3-5K is in line with a car of this condition. There is a following for these cars so it shouldn't be a problem finding a buyer in that price range.

Thank you for the thoughtful replies. Car is totally solid and clean underneath.  If I interpret right, clean it up, rolling on tires, make sure all parts are present and ask around 5K.  I'll propose that to the owner and see where it leads....

PlymouthPE - the car is in southern california, near riverside.  If you, or anyone is seriously interested, you are welcome to PM me.

• 3 months later...

I'm also looking at a 1951 Kaiser Model K51 with the script "Darrin" by the rear passenger light.  It does not have the fancy interior like the car above, but instead has a corduroy interior.  Is this still a Dragon or some other model?  There is no other script on the car to identify which model it is.