1948 Buick Special Eight --$8800

Complete, solid ,original & unrestored car.   4 door. Straight Eightohv -not a flathead, manual 3 spd.  Located in eastern Iowa, just a bit north of Interstate 80.  Good title.

No restoration started and no parts sold off this car. Glass is all there, interior has wear & tear.  One of the tail light lens is broken. Stainless trim is all there. Was running, driving, stopping, shifting a few years ago and then I put it back inside for storage. 

The radiator had a very small leak --I removed it to have the local radiator shop repair it , told them "no hurry" , but after sitting there for several months I took it back and have it in the trunk of the car. It should be a easy fix.   The engine ran great.  I am sure the battery will need to be replace and some fresh gas to get it running again. I put some sta-bil in the gas tank so that should be good...?   Anyway , it's is a very solid original car.    Delivery possible.

48BUICK.jpg

48buick3.jpg

48buick5.jpg

48buick7.jpg

48buick9.jpg

48buick2.jpg

48buick6.jpg

48buick4.jpg

johnny cash.jpg

Edited by diamondx (see edit history)

Imperial62,  that is correct --   U need to understand that when things are available for sale , people and businesses  tend to advertise those items.  U can see this almost everywhere --newspaper classifieds, online ads, television and radio ads, billboards, local bulletin boards.  Then when it does sell, THEN the advertiser will no longer post it for sale.  U see, if the item has not sold--the advertiser will CONTINUE to advertise the item.

• Like 1

I get that question more than the "price history" question.  Some people are more interested in the mechanicals of the car than what it has been priced at recently.  Even though the picture OBVIOUSLY shows a ohv head , the "flathead" question is still asked frequently by the less educated in mechanics of internal combustion engines.

As far as "price history" --I am quite sure I have it priced far above what the retail price was in 1948, excluding the sunvisor option. 

So , it is still for sale for those with a serious interest and have the permission and cash in pocket to buy.  .........so I will wait for the next idiotic response................. 

Edited by diamondx (see edit history)

On 1/5/2018 at 10:00 AM, smithbrother said:

The VISOR is worth MORE than the car.

That was/is not a good body style, it carries over the 42 side trim, such doesn’t flow with BOXY body lines.IMHO

Dale in Indy 

That is a Fulton visor, It is adjustable . Same visor that on the post war Chevy's and probably all GM cars.  I see them at swap meets rather regularly. There were a couple at IOLA last year.  I don't think GM offered those visors, a Western Auto special.

WAY too much drama on this site.  Car is listed FOR SALE  , not " tell me boring stories, stupid comments welcome, can't afford it, wife won't let me buy it, boyfriend won't let me buy it, it's not as desirable as other cars that look better, if it ran you could drive it, the engine is not a flathead, the car has been for sale for a while" section, and way too many other- "hey, read my comment 'cuz I am an idiot" - replies for anyone to have to deal with.  People , buy it or don't

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

If the seller is sensitive to comments, this isn't the place to post an ad. Some of the comments were constructive, some statements of fact, some inappropriate by forum rules, but the seller responded to all comments with insults. The car clearly isn't going to sell here for a variety of reasons. Let's call it a day.

• Like 2

It should not matter if a seller is sensitive or not ......... it should not matter if a seller has long or short toes.

Instead it's a matter of respect for others.

If anyone is that bottled up, that poor comments come out of their keyboards when any opportunity arises, well, those folks need to find something else to do.

Below are comments, from the administrator, regarding ads.  Worth reading.

Peter Gariepy    127

• AACA Life Member - Moderator
  •  
  • Peter Gariepy
  • Administrators
  • team_admin.png
  • 6,071 posts

Buy/Sell Forums

IMPORTANT: Put either FS for "For Sale" or WTB for "Want to Buy" in the subject line along with the year, make and model.

EXAMPLE: FS - 1950 Plymouth Business Coupe

Please include the following information in the body of your post:

• Year
  • Make
  • Model
  • Price (strongly suggested)
  • Description
  • Location (City, State, Country)
  • Contact Information (Name, Email and Phone)
  • EBAY URL if also listed on EBAY

Photos and price listings are optional, but they will increase interest in your posting and greatly help the sale.

After posting, please check back frequently, because interested parties will be posting questions and asking more information on the Forum.

Incomplete, overly commercial, or non-automotive related postings may be deleted without notice!

It is NOT okay for forum users to make negative comments on a seller's listing, nor is it okay to question its asking price.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Do you have the fender skirts?  The rubber stone shields and stainless at their base show that the car originally had rear fender skirts.

Check the plate on the firewall to be sure it isn't a 1949 registered incorrectly.  The '48 is common, but the '49 is somewhat rare, being built for only 5 months.  They look exactly the same...............exactly.

Edited by Dynaflash8 (see edit history)

On 1/5/2018 at 7:47 PM, diamondx said:

I get that question more than the "price history" question.  Some people are more interested in the mechanicals of the car than what it has been priced at recently.  Even though the picture OBVIOUSLY shows a ohv head , the "flathead" question is still asked frequently by the less educated in mechanics of internal combustion engines.

As far as "price history" --I am quite sure I have it priced far above what the retail price was in 1948, excluding the sunvisor option. 

So , it is still for sale for those with a serious interest and have the permission and cash in pocket to buy.  .........so I will wait for the next idiotic response................. 

I so like the line about "Permission"  Have read and known about dreamers who when they approach the "Boss" about something they want are suddenly no longer interested in it.