WTB: 40 Chrysler Anti-Sway Bar and Horn Relay

Anyone breaking or otherwise able to help me:

Need Pts No 855059, front stabilizer bar (big one across front suspension), in 1940 Parts Manual called "Sway Eliminator Shaft". All 1940 series C25, C26, C27 are the same. Also need a horn relay Pts No 853750 (refer picture). Furthermore I am looking for LH wheel bolts and possibly wheels. I do have an US shipping address (WA) and will arrange international shipping myself. Thank you.

5a394ab595c02_40CNY170523Defekthornrele.thumb.jpg.f6d42b62b097a9b76c709352f95824e7.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I was approached by a gentleman in response to this advert, he was claiming he had all items I needed which made me a bit suspicious. My doubts caught momentum when he wanted $600 flat without specifying each item or shipping costs. I asked for photos of the items to confirm that he was legitimate and has yet not received anything but pictures found on the web. Evidently scammers also read these pages.

• 4 weeks later...

Found this illustration of the missing stabilizer bar:

5a6a09a9d145d_40Chrystabilizerbar.jpg.0ad203db6c6516a7842fb86fb851fcaf.jpg

Furthermore have I now received two off-line offers to sell me the required parts, both which disappeared when I started asking check questions. It is very evident that scammers read these pages and likely target people outside US.

Edited by Narve N (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks Bill,

I will make an approach to them.

Narve

On 2/7/2018 at 2:44 AM, wldavis said:

Narve,

I did a part number search at AMS Obsolete & it states that they have your horn relay #853750.

You will need to contact them (go to their website and send them an email) to request a price quote.

• 2 months later...

Ran across this post, as I'm also looking for a 855059 Sway Eliminator bar. I've called quite a few salvage yards in US as well as Bernbaum, with no luck. I have the R/L linkages, but need the bar, as mine snapped near the driver's side mount. I didn't think this would be such a tough part to track down. Any suggestions are welcome, thanks!

Dave

Thanks for the response, Scott. Here's a picture of the sway bar with measurements. The left linkage has been removed. I believe it's the same bar for 1941 Chrysler C-28, C-30 and C-33. Also think there are some other years and models that would fit as well, but don't have any cross-reference books to verify. Thanks!

Dave

stabilizer_bar_855059.thumb.jpg.62be399704cd6885cda5370f2f85e70a.jpg

Narve, I tracked down a stabilizer bar set up for my car, and should have it soon. In the process of calling just about every salvage yard in the US, I came across some others, if you're still looking. Let me know and I can share some phone #s and in a few instances, some pictures.

Just as an FYI, this set up isn't cheap, and the shipping to Norway could be pricey on top of the cost of the bar/linkages/mounts.

Dave

• 7 months later...
On 4/26/2018 at 11:32 PM, 1941_Saratoga said:

Narve, I tracked down a stabilizer bar set up for my car, and should have it soon. In the process of calling just about every salvage yard in the US, I came across some others, if you're still looking. Let me know and I can share some phone #s and in a few instances, some pictures.

Just as an FYI, this set up isn't cheap, and the shipping to Norway could be pricey on top of the cost of the bar/linkages/mounts.

Dave

Yes! Have sent you a PM.

Narve