Buick ad from 1916 For all weather and purposes

These pictures of cozy closed sedans , coupes , and the bus in the Winter snow , really hold my interest. So seasonally perfect ! I keep going back to them , and linger a while. Keep them coming. Thank you , and Merry Christmas Chris !    - Carl 

I would think an in car heater was not very common during this time.  The people in the car must have been well bundled up to enjoy the ride.  Even in the 1950s I remember having a warm wool blanket in the back seat to keep my sister and I cozy.  Some of the blankets were green with a big US in the middle of it.  Great thing to have on our trips to visit our grandparents!

We have two closed-body Buick Coupes.  A 1920 Model K-46 and a 1922 Model 48.  The '22 has a Perfection floor board exhaust heater in it.  This was a factory option that was dealer installed.  I am here to tell you all that it works and it works quite well I'll have you know.  Having the Mohair upholstery in these cars was a big help in cold weather.  However, that stuff will almost eat you alive on a hot Summer day!

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

• Like 1