My Retro 1930's BUICK SALES and SERVICE GARAGE

Would not be a BS&S without a Buick out front needing service!   It is a neat idea really.    And when you think you have completed your BS&S the Buick Bugle should dispatch someone to take pictures and make a completed article of your creation and idea of what( and probably darn close) to what a Buick Sales & Service would have looked like back in the day.   Let's face it...it is becoming a working museum.     

Edited by avgwarhawk (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, avgwarhawk said:

Would not be a BS&S without a Buick out front needing service!   It is a neat idea really.  

Service? I'm seeing a banner "New for 1936, Buick ROADMASTER" hanging across the front of the building. :lol:

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, alsancle said:

I need to know what vitamin regime you are on to maintain this sort of energy level.

2 hours ago, MrEarl said:

is One a Day Multis, an Aleve and the good Lords blessings considered a regime?

Oh, and I forgot, a ten minute power nap whenever possible after lunch. 

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2020 at 6:04 PM, buick5563 said:

Since I have been away from the forums for so long and I currently have plenty of time to read the internet, I just caught up with this 23 page report. Great job Mr. Earl!

thanks ol buddy, sure is good to see you back here. Since it appears I may be laid up for a few weeks due to some knee ailments I’ll try and update this thread with some work I’ve done to the inside. 

testing some picture resizing 

4mb 240kb

89D7A04D-0E18-45E2-A212-2BCB153180AA.thumb.jpeg.8042b19e2427df9794f5bb294cb2e908.jpeg

22kb

FF6CB167-23B8-42A7-99D3-BC6E8EEE5B01.jpeg.eedd579a8be7e416931ef0fd515eb5f9.jpeg

KOWPI

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 38Buick 80C said:

Knee Ailments? What like ur old?

yea man, like walkin around with a walker old. Blew my knee out building and installing drawers in a pantry I’ve been working on forever. It was the last item on the honey dew list before I was to get started back on the wagon and the BS&S. Now I can’t even climb the back door steps. MRI Monday, so will see. 

Good grief Lamar!   Looks like a few weeks of hanging ten off that awesome porch of yours. smoking ce'gars and sippin shine?

Seriously, hope you are okay!  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/6/2020 at 10:20 PM, JohnD1956 said:

Good grief Lamar!   Looks like a few weeks of hanging ten off that awesome porch of yours. smoking ce'gars and sippin shine?

Seriously, hope you are okay!  

thanks brother, going into week two of “hangin ten” after some cool arthroscopic surgery on knee. Therapy goin well though. 

God’s fingers over Buick Gardens last evening. 

37FF6965-6F68-4313-BEE5-A822EF986E3E.thumb.jpeg.b07d2e1f9f2f2cbf1877d0af61fca95f.jpeg

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, Kosage Chavis said:

Man!  Hate to hear that.  Praying your knee recovers fully, Mr Lamar.  

Ahh twernt nothin to it. Couple slits just below the knee cap, insert a camera on the end of a tube into one and a drill bit into the other and go at it. Anybody here could could do it I'm sure. Willie probably has.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

19 hours ago, MrEarl said:

thanks brother, going into week two of “hangin ten” after some cool arthroscopic surgery on knee. Therapy goin well though. 

God’s fingers over Buick Gardens last evening. 

37FF6965-6F68-4313-BEE5-A822EF986E3E.thumb.jpeg.b07d2e1f9f2f2cbf1877d0af61fca95f.jpeg

Great picture, Mr. Earl and good to hear your knee is coming along fine.  I just surprised that you didn't do the surgery yourself with a pocket knife....you know, being a Marine and all!

Edited by dship (see edit history)
  • Haha 2

I'm in awe of what you've done here, Lamar. I hope this article I'm writing does your work justice. Your days must be longer than the usual 24 hours the rest of us get--an unbelievable amount of work with fantastic results. I really hope I get the privilege of sitting on that porch with you someday!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, dship said:

Great picture, Mr. Earl and good to hear your knee is coming along fine.  I just surprised that you didn't do the surgery yourself with a pocket knife....your know, being a Marine and all!

Thanks Dave. I watched a bunch of videos, had it all figured out and was planning to but Rita suggested otherwise.

• Haha 4

33 minutes ago, Matt Harwood said:

I'm in awe of what you've done here, Lamar. I hope this article I'm writing does your work justice. Your days must be longer than the usual 24 hours the rest of us get--an unbelievable amount of work with fantastic results. I really hope I get the privilege of sitting on that porch with you someday!

Thanks Matt. Hope to get back to working inside in the next 4-5 weeks. Lots of scaffold climbing involved in what's coming up and the doc says not to plan on that for a couple months. Glad to hear you think I've got a lot done, but can't agree. There's always things coming up that pulls me away from both the garage and the cars and then there's the maintenance and upkeep of the landscaping of the "Gardens"... days and life for that matter are just too short. 

If ever down south please do drop by, rockin chairs are waiting.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Any similarity is on purpose :)   

As I pointed out back in the beginning of this thread, this picture was of great influence in the design of my build.

Tha's a great edit Al. Could you message me as to what you used to do it with

IMG_5323.thumb.PNG.7aa414a196f723957c0c86bda91bf748.PNG

12038EC2-2CD3-4313-832F-F02498491312.jpeg.ee171eb830e1fb1106d5a196ca2258f8.thumb.jpeg.3a4bf289e112af4f8b90619a48cbd06e.jpeg

Here's another from my files of the same time period I like. Reliable Auto Blacksmith Shop. Anybody know what make the automobile is?

1770791701_Screenshot_2020-10-03Instagram.png.aab26f44a968ed66b913c361abb09896.png

• Like 6

Lamar, I have spent hours reading - and listening - to this entire thread this week.

It is one of my favorite threads of all time, from ANY forum.

Your vision, skills, workmanship and work ethic are incredible!

Congratulations!

I think the BS & SG is truly a work of art...and you really know your music, too.

Hope the knee is back to 100%!

Joe

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I had the opportunity and pleasure to have been able to visit the “Buick Gardens” in couple of occasions. On the first trip, ground was being broken for the Sales and Service Center and on the second trip, the center was almost finish. I echo the words of 95 Cardinal and must add that Lamar’s ongoing enthusiasm has spread throughout all of the ones that compose and participate on this and other forums. Thanks Mr. Earl for sharing your place history and related adventures. Regards to your other 1/2 that makes all your dreams come true. Saludos “We”!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1