bowtieollie

1975 Chevrolet Cosworth Vega

Deductions in HPOF are different from Points in Class Judging.

In Class Judging, 5 incorrect tires would currently be a 25 point deduction out of 400 points.  

In HPOF, as I understand it, that would be one deduction of the 4 that a car the year of your car would be allowed and still be eligible for Certification. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MCHinson said:

Deductions in HPOF are different from Points in Class Judging.

In Class Judging, 5 incorrect tires would currently be a 25 point deduction out of 400 points.  

In HPOF, as I understand it, that would be one deduction of the 4 that a car the year of your car would be allowed and still be eligible for Certification. 

Thank you Matt for the clarification.

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:57 PM, 61polara said:

Radials would be a deduction in both point judging and HPOF, but for your year car, up to four deductions are permitted for HPOF certification.  Based on your comments and pictures, I think HPOF is the best place to register your car in an AACA National event.  Documentation of rare features may be needed as well in the HPOF class.  Hope to see you and your car at the Charlotte AACA National in April.

Dave, please check your messages.  Thanks.

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:57 PM, 61polara said:

Radials would be a deduction in both point judging and HPOF, but for your year car, up to four deductions are permitted for HPOF certification.  Based on your comments and pictures, I think HPOF is the best place to register your car in an AACA National event.  Documentation of rare features may be needed as well in the HPOF class.  Hope to see you and your car at the Charlotte AACA National in April.

Correct tires for these cars are pretty much non existent, and have been for some time. Seems like the correct reproduction 13" tires get sidestepped there is not enough of a demand for them.

On 4/11/2018 at 3:12 PM, John348 said:

Correct tires for these cars are pretty much non existent, and have been for some time. Seems like the correct reproduction 13" tires get sidestepped there is not enough of a demand for them.

The deduction for radials has been lowered from 5 points per tire to 2 points per tire in the 2018 Judging Manual

14 hours ago, Restorer32 said:

The deduction for radials has been lowered from 5 points per tire to 2 points per tire in the 2018 Judging Manual

I am aware of that, in my opinion  if the correct tire is available then it should be a full deduction

And the full deduction is 2 points per tire!

Are we now discussing if the correct tire is unobtainium the deduction should be different?

Edited by Frank DuVal (see edit history)