bowtieollie

1975 Chevrolet Cosworth Vega

Recommended Posts

Deductions in HPOF are different from Points in Class Judging.

In Class Judging, 5 incorrect tires would currently be a 25 point deduction out of 400 points.  

In HPOF, as I understand it, that would be one deduction of the 4 that a car the year of your car would be allowed and still be eligible for Certification. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, MCHinson said:

Deductions in HPOF are different from Points in Class Judging.

In Class Judging, 5 incorrect tires would currently be a 25 point deduction out of 400 points.  

In HPOF, as I understand it, that would be one deduction of the 4 that a car the year of your car would be allowed and still be eligible for Certification. 

Thank you Matt for the clarification.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:57 PM, 61polara said:

Radials would be a deduction in both point judging and HPOF, but for your year car, up to four deductions are permitted for HPOF certification.  Based on your comments and pictures, I think HPOF is the best place to register your car in an AACA National event.  Documentation of rare features may be needed as well in the HPOF class.  Hope to see you and your car at the Charlotte AACA National in April.

Dave, please check your messages.  Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:57 PM, 61polara said:

Radials would be a deduction in both point judging and HPOF, but for your year car, up to four deductions are permitted for HPOF certification.  Based on your comments and pictures, I think HPOF is the best place to register your car in an AACA National event.  Documentation of rare features may be needed as well in the HPOF class.  Hope to see you and your car at the Charlotte AACA National in April.

 

Correct tires for these cars are pretty much non existent, and have been for some time. Seems like the correct reproduction 13" tires get sidestepped there is not enough of a demand for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2018 at 3:12 PM, John348 said:

 

Correct tires for these cars are pretty much non existent, and have been for some time. Seems like the correct reproduction 13" tires get sidestepped there is not enough of a demand for them.

 

The deduction for radials has been lowered from 5 points per tire to 2 points per tire in the 2018 Judging Manual

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Restorer32 said:

 

The deduction for radials has been lowered from 5 points per tire to 2 points per tire in the 2018 Judging Manual

I am aware of that, in my opinion  if the correct tire is available then it should be a full deduction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And the full deduction is 2 points per tire!

 

Are we now discussing if the correct tire is unobtainium the deduction should be different?

Edited by Frank DuVal (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now