An electrical question on my 26DB

Wheelmang

1926 DB 6V. When I first turn the ignition switch on my amp meter shows about a 8-10 A draw. There is also an in line interrupt switch for the wire going to the coil. Occasionally when the interrupt is pulled out (must be pulled out in order for the car to start) the amp meter pegs out to maximum draw. The wire from the ignition switch to the interrupt and on to the coil is 18G. The wire from the coil to the distributor is 16G. Finally the questions.

Shouldn’t the wires all be the same gauge? Was original equipment a wire straight to the coil from the ignition switch? Was OE 16 or 18 gauge.

thank you all for your excellent feedback.

Paul

The switch is not on the wiring diagram in the Book of Information. BOI only, that I could find, listed wire guage recommendation based on circuit amps. Based on that and your recommendations above I am going with 14G on a full ignition system re-wire. Also eliminating the non original switch in the line and replacing the coil. Trans lock is the anti-theft protection. Thank you all for great guidance.