FLORIDA

DAVE A

In just under 2 weeks Deb and I will be permanent residents of Palm Bay, Florida.   We are trying to figure out what region to be a part of when we settle down.  Anyone want to make a suggestion?   We don't have a car to tour but we love to show .  We have been active here in PA  and we want to continue to be involved in our new area.  

Dave, I don't know thew area very well, but Palm Bay is about 24 miles from Rockledge, and could be the closest distance to your new home.

I'm sure they would be happy to have you and your "little" collection associated with their region.

Best of luck with your move and your new home, and welcome to the sunny south. 

You may wish to contact the Cape Canaveral Region President, as listed below. (If you need his phone or email, you know how to get it, or check with me by email/phone).

Cape Canaveral Region
President - Joe Pinson
1020 Barton Blvd.
Rockledge, FL 32955

Florida, good choice!  The wife and I travelled all over the state a few years ago and really enjoyed it.

Unfortunately we live in California which has become so weird that now when we travel and people ask us where we're from we tell them we "live in the desert, west of Arizona."

Ed, if that is an invite, I'd love to drive down and look at your cars.  I think that Pierce Arrows are among the most beautiful ever made.  

Won't have my first project in Florida until after the National meeting in Feb.  I promised my wife to spend our first couple months working on the house!!

But Dave will you not miss scraping frost off your windshield, cleaning snow off your car, getting the road salt out of your carpet, your windshield fogging up from your breath, shoveling your driveway then the snow plow leaving a 4 foot bank, your battery going dead from the cold the time you are late, windshield washer fluid freezing on your windshield, your wipers breaking from the wet heavy snow,  your mitts freezing to the door handle , your locking gas cap freezing and your out of gas, black ice, whiteouts to name a few. Dave how can you leave all that behind.

• Haha 1

I admit it will be tough giving all that up.  Most of all I will miss laying on the concrete floor of my garage in 10 degrees working on my latest restoration.  Doing it all in short sleeves is going to be a challenge too.  Especially in February.