Help``CTR touch-screen, will NOT change to,Climate,Radio,Gauges,ETC.

ski.dive

CTR touch-screen ISSUE  :mellow:

I get in the Reatta, turn on the key and the CRT screen does its usual check perfectly.

When I press any other button, -Climate, summary gauges, radio, etc,--- it will NOT go to any of these other screens?

***As you can see, the CRT screen looks perfect ,
But the TOUCH screen will not change to any other option,-like Climate,Gauges, Summary when I press those buttons?

***2nd time it's done this in a month!!!

````The first time I disconnected the battery for 20min. and it fixed it=Now, it will not fix it?

CRT SCREEN.jpg

I sounds like you may be experiencing problems related to RAP   What does RAP stand for?  I'm by no means an expert on the RAP system but I think I remember this issue being caused by faulty ignition switch or maybe the ignition lock. I don't remember for sure.  I'm sure other forum members have experienced this problem and they might be able to help. This might find this helpful: CRT Does Not Light Up But Radio Plays  

Just looked and in accessory you get the radio/tape screen, not the "general" screen. You need to be in RUN to get "no malfunctions". Touch screen/buttons are a separate harness from the CRT.

ps Retained Accessory Power - when you remove the key power stays on the radio and windows until you open the door or it times out.

Edited by padgett (see edit history)

49 minutes ago, padgett said:

Just looked and in accessory you get the radio/tape screen, not the "general" screen. You need to be in RUN to get "no malfunctions". Touch screen/buttons are a separate harness from the CRT.

ps Retained Accessory Power - when you remove the key power stays on the radio and windows until you open the door or it times out.

I agree with you. For some reason I read the original post to mean the "radio" screen was the only one working after the system check took place. I now think that my answer about it the problem being with the RAP system was probably off base.