1925 Dodge dash info

Landman

My understanding is that the US assembled standard Dodges (at least up to 1925) were all black baked lacquer.  Hence, the dashes would have been black.  However, I'm not sure about the Special Roadsters and Special Tourers  which were available in other colours, as were the Fisher Coaches which came in Blue.  I suspect that all dashes were assembled off the vehicles for ease of production and that they would have remained in black lacquer.  Any advance on these theories??

An interesting question, Landman and one which has brought  different answers.  Unless you are intending to restore your car to concours condition,  this, in my opinion, is  a matter of personal choice.  I would not want to paint my body colour dash black for the sake of originality but if the original appearance is important to you then that may be the way to go.  Good luck.

Ray.  

Edited by R.White (see edit history)

I concede that this sort of thing is entirely a matter of personal preference however I have never seen a DB this early with woodgrain finish to the dash.  

In my humble opinion, your friend is to be highly commended for keeping the car stock if that is how he intends to proceed. 

Ray.

Heavy handed??  Looks like someone  with little imagination or skill took to it with a toothbrush.  The overrun on the screws and instrument rims indicates that he didn't learn to colour within the lines in kindergarten.  I'll stick to my guns and suggest that it should be black.

• Like 1

On 12/9/2017 at 8:41 PM, TonyAus said:

My understanding is that the US assembled standard Dodges (at least up to 1925) were all black baked lacquer.  Hence, the dashes would have been black.  However, I'm not sure about the Special Roadsters and Special Tourers  which were available in other colours, as were the Fisher Coaches which came in Blue.  I suspect that all dashes were assembled off the vehicles for ease of production and that they would have remained in black lacquer.  Any advance on these theories??

Here are two which are body colour, however, it doesn't mean they were born like that.

1924dodgedash.jpg.opt500x281o0,0s500x281.jpg

58918589-770-0@2X.jpg

• 3 years later...