Red, White, and Blue 73 Stage 1 GS

Chimera

Try this link for direct to listing

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1973-Buick-Riviera-Stage-1-GS/302555450999?hash=item4671b5ce77:g:nA4AAOSwBRFaJxm4&vxp=mtr

Very odd color combo which I think will hold it back. I like the exterior colors but the red interior with it not at all. There are some things that would make me hesitate on this one like the odd VIN decal on driver door and the blue engine for starters and of course a Minnesota car so rust and bondo is concern. DEFINITELY would have to inspect in person.  Look close at pics. This car needs work in MANY areas. It does look like a legit Stage 1 though.

Edited by JZRIV (see edit history)

As a veteran, I'd probably want it OD green or camouflage.  ;)

Maybe he wanted a blue car, his kids wanted a red car, and his wife wanted a white one.  Kept the whole family happy.  But I'll bet if it did come from the factory that way, red interior was not one of the suggested interior colors for a blue exterior.

I had the discussion about these "Circus Wagon" color combinations on later cars. We agreed that they are colors common on Art Deco show cars of the 1920's and '30's. Adding a few decades and some wealth to a boy who grew up with those early show cars can get those combinations.

In 1963 I fell in love with the Mercury Heritage Burgundy color. I have painted two brown Rivieras that color or similar because of it. Luckily, being a product of later years, the circus wagon didn't do it for me, well, maybe Frank Cannon's Mark IV.

But I do, fondly, remember a tangerine color GS that the factory sent around to shows, maybe 1971.

Bernie