dpeeler

Antique Auto Battery still in business?

For the last 2 weeks, I've tried calling and emailing, leaving messages everywhere I can and get no response. Are they still in business??

I hope their still in business--they have my money , just waiting for delivery--I went through the same problem , but talked to him at Hershey , then called--everything worked like it should--got the impression it's a small business, like a one man shop--

Still have had no success after continued phone calls, emails, etc......must be out of business! Unfortunately they were the only ones that were making  the battery i needed.

Yep, they are advertising and even have a recorded message when you call either number. But..... there is absolutely no response at all! A courtesy of message back at least saying we're closed or busy would help. I know if you or I treated our clients/customers that way we'd have none after awhile.

2 hours ago, Matt Harwood said:

I just saw an Antique Auto Battery banner ad at the top of this forum yesterday...

That ad could have been prepaid for a certain period of time. Last year around this time I had ordered a 6 volt Delco for my 53 Chevy 150, and it was backordered for months after they charged my card for the full amount. After a few months with no contact I finally had to ask for a refund which they indeed had done. Good luck, I hope they are still in business I hate to see any of our valued suppliers close up shop for any reason.

Edited by John348 (see edit history)

A good friend talked with them yesterday, so they're still around. However, their turnaround time seems to be rather slow. He was told mid-January in order to get a battery.

Recently bought a couple of their batteries and both took about 4 to 5 weeks for delivery. Quality was superb so I figured it was worth the wait. I can't say I ever had issues reaching them on the phone. About two years ago I needed one of their Willard batteries for a MB Jeep and was in a rush. Jeep parts vendor stocked their batteries, but I paid $40.00 more for it. You may want to check a parts vendor of your vehicle type if you're pushed to get one.

Rick - That's exactly the battery I was looking for. The last one I bought from them was 12 years ago and it lasted this long in my MB...go figure! I'm not in a big hurry, just awfully frustrated that there is no response. If I don't hear from them soon, I will try one of the Jeep suppliers. Thanks 

I was wondering if it was for your MB. I one I restored that needed that Willard showed with you at Spring Charlotte these last two years, so I recognized your name. Your MB is very well done! That battery I bought came from George Baxter at Army Jeep Parts, so there would be a great place if you need to go that route. Good luck!

Thanks for the kind words, I'll give George a call. I'm planning to bring it again next April along with the WLA. Now ... if I could only find someone that makes a maintenance free battery for the motorcycle!

I purchased a 6 volt battery from Antique Auto Battery to replicate the stock battery in my stock '51 Chevy.

Not inexpensive.

I always  use a Battery Tender for my 6 volt and my 12 volt batteries.

After less than one year, the Antique Auto battery was dead, would not hold a charge.

I took the battery back to Antique Battery, they would not honor their warranty.

Antique Auto Battery told me the battery was not "defective", instead they stated I did mot maintain the battery with a trickle charger.

But I did.

Bought a new 6 volt battery from TRACTOR SUPPLY, all is well with the new battery ...... and the Battery Tender.

That "new" battery has been fully charged for two years now.

• Like 1

Battery tender makes several models. You need to make sure that the battery tender was designed for gel batteries not lead acid as the charging volt rate is different and a lead acid charging device will “cook” as I love to say a gel battery.

i have always used 12 and 25 watt Granite chargers as they sense the voltage necessary that the battery needs.

The Central Tractor battery is a lead acid I suspect so the tender will do well

This issue gets very complicated very quickly!

Robert

Edited by Robert Street (see edit history)

7 minutes ago, Robert Street said:

Battery tender makes several models. You need to make sure that the battery tender was designed for gel batteries not lead acid as the charging volt rate is different and a lead acid charging device will “cook” as I love to say a gel battery.

i have always used 12 and 25 watt Granite chargers as they sense the voltage necessary that the battery needs.

The Central Tractor battery is a lead acid I suspect so the tender will do well

This issue gets very complicated very quickly!

Robert

The battery  I purchased from Antique  Auto Battery was not a gel battery. It was a reproduction of the 6 volt DELCO battery.

I have three of their batteries and a friend that I show with in AACA has 4 of them. All "look" like old lead acid but actually are gel batteries inside the case that absolutely no water should be put in.  I didn't know their old 6 volt style was made with plates and acid.

Robert

21 hours ago, Robert Street said:

I have three of their batteries and a friend that I show with in AACA has 4 of them. All "look" like old lead acid but actually are gel batteries inside the case that absolutely no water should be put in.  I didn't know their old 6 volt style was made with plates and acid.

Robert

Yes, the 6 volt DELCO replica was made with plates and acid.