Vintage grill and car museum in Texas

Mark Gregory

Wonder if they have Barracuda or Marlin on the menu?  I know they wouldn't have anything exotic like Cougar or Impala....

I've never understood the fascination with movie cars.  A movie is fiction, so how can association with fiction have any value?

That said, I realize ruby slippers and Maltese Falcons bring big money.....

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, trimacar said:

I've never understood the fascination with movie cars.  A movie is fiction, so how can association with fiction have any value?

Excellent point.  People shouldn't pay extra for a car just because

a well-known name was on the list of prior owners.  

But I admire his unselfish idea to share his hobby with the public,

and it's a unique idea to have a good restaurant to attract the

people to the cars!  May he continue to do well with his ventures.

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)

I was recently on a tour in Michigan, and we visited a small town that was revitalized by the investment of one man.  He'd bought numerous town buildings and restored them.  Cassopolis, Michigan, I believe.  He also had a company selling old wooden boats in the town, along with a restored filling station and an old bar/restaurant.

I think it's great that people with the means do this in their hometown or small town of their choosing.  There are apparently quite a few such examples in our country.

I could also see a "History Channel" show, showcasing one such town each episode.  There was a LOT of history in that one small town, and it would be interesting to see and hear what they did and why they did it.....

• Like 2

Rare wines are just a bottle of fermented grape to juice to some while others will pay a fortune for them. Why should a Beatles' album signed by the four band members be worth any more than an unsigned album? The record inside sounds the same. First edition books, Faberge' eggs, Hummel, Dresden figurines, antique eye glasses (why would a collector of these pay more for Einstein's?), vintage firearms, autographs, toe nail clippings and yes, celebrity owned cars. The fact that one doesn't appreciate another's choice in collectables or see the value that others see in an item makes it no less collectible to those who do the collecting. "One man's garbage, another man's gold".

I have owned a few celebrity/movie connected vehicles and would pursue more if the opportunity arose. It's just something I see a value in, where others may not. I never seem to have trouble selling one. I enjoy researching the provenance and meeting the people connected with these particular cars. I own a hand gun that once belonged to Frank Sinatra and had a rifle that was owned by John Wayne. Much like our vintage cars, I believe I am just the custodian of these items until someone else is.

Maybe this is more of a southern California thing because of our proximity to Hollywood. I'm sure there are some great John Deere collections in the mid-west that would hold very little interest for me but I can appreciate the collector's passion.

Great museum/grill by the way!