1937 DeSoto Hood ornament

alsfarms

Yes,  That is exactly what broke under use many moons ago.  I will attach a picture of the home brew ornament that will be for sale when I locate an original or one to use as a pattern to recast a new one in brass or bronze.  Also a picture of the 1937 coupe body.

Al

DSC00527 (800x600).jpg

DSC00528 (800x600).jpg

DSC00441.JPG

Good Eye for detail.....however..... The chassis you can see over the top of the DeSoto coupe is a Pierce-Arrow 8 cylinder item, 1936-37.  I have plans for that chassis but the 1937 DeSoto coupe project has gotten in the way, for now.  Sadly, the coupe body was used for target practice, I will become a real expert in healing them up before I am done!  (Fortunately, the target shooters were only using a 22).

Al

Yup....you are right...major project.  I do, however, have a decent start for a coupe project.  The body shown above, I bought basically for the trunk lid and some door pieces.  The second coupe body I have is actually quite straight, and no bullet holes!  Between the three donors, I will have all the inside garnish moldings, the needed outside trim, complete running gear, all fenders and etc.  Oh yes, a good complete dash assembly with all the gauges.  I do have a nice ribbed rear bumper and lack the front bumper.  Does anyone here have a spare bumper, either front or rear, (I could reshape a rear bumper to fit the front)?  On another posting I mentioned that I have picked up an IND265 that will find its way into this project. 

Al