Reatta for parts in N. Texas salvage yard

Pete Phillips

3 hours ago, Imperial62 said:

Those caps look good.  I would take them if they pass the eyeball test - no dents, delamination, dents.  I would buy those off you for a profit.  Those wheels are also going to start to become rare but that looks like a job - for you. 

Here - in Iowa - they pull the wheels right away and that is alarming.   Thousands of Reatta wheels and caps getting crushed

THIS is one of the very few companies- who discovered a "separate market" and buy them from various Yards. I can't personally vouch for their quality, but at least the quantity is there. S&H is what costs, so they probably have a contract with a Carrier for a flat rate, inside the Continental US, as they say. The prices seem legit, clear photos.

The pick n pull I go to seldom has alloy wheels....... I suspect they have made a deal with some wheel company that buys everything they have.

If they are good, they resell, if they are damaged and there is little market they sell them as scrap aluminum.

Some of these wheel companies may also do the refinishing and need cores.

The 1988-1990 Reatta wheel was also used on 1989-1990 Buick LeSabre T type 2 doors....the T type use a ugly black hub cap.

The T type was a low production vehicle but that volume may have been almost as high as the Reatta production 

4 hours ago, Barney Eaton said:

I suspect they have made a deal with some wheel company that buys everything they have.

If they are good, they resell, if they are damaged and there is little market they sell them as scrap aluminum.

Some of these wheel companies may also do the refinishing and need cores.

Did you read my post, and check the link I provided- or am I on your "ignore list" as well?

HERE

4 hours ago, Barney Eaton said:

the T type use a ugly black hub cap.

No, of course it doesn't have an "R" like a Reatta. According to this list what are you referring to?

They have many beautiful choices for our rims under "LeSabre".

How could you make the "ignore list" ?...... just keep posting that people are ignoring you.

My post was in agreement with you....... but I did not find the T type Lesabre wheel on the link you said I did not look at or the black hub cap for the T type.

Here is the car (LeSabre T type) and the wheel that shows the black hub cap.

My reference material says they made 4,123 LeSabre T type Code WE2) in 1987,  6,426 in 1988 and 5,389 in 1989, which totals 15,938  units in 3 years

In 1988 thru 1990 they made 20,232 Reattas using the same wheel...... those numbers indicate that the LeSabre T types were almost 80% of the Reatta production using the same wheel.

That is why I said that there should be more of the wheels out there somewhere.

T type 2.jpg

T type wheel.jpg

I would go to that yard and get them if it was a little closer.

Google says it is 230 miles roughly 3 1/2 hours.

Oklahoma City is closer to that yard than I am.

Looks like an interesting yard, maybe they would have some power antenna that I need.

Edited by Barney Eaton (see edit history)