RICHELIEUMOTORCAR

Unidentified early wood brass car bodies and other parts.

10 hours ago, 1912Staver said:

Some better pictures and basic dimensions would be a big help. Your close up shots are good for specific details , but it would also help to have some photos that show the overall body esp. with some overall measurements. It's hard to tell if the body's are for a small chassis or large.

Greg in Canada

Good idea. I will do that. Thanks.

I may be interested in a couple of your body pieces.  Like mentioned above, basic width, length and height would help to determine if some of your pieces could be used on a specific project, (small medium or large).  PM sent about fenders.

Al

Edited by alsfarms
spelling (see edit history)

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 4:58 PM, alsfarms said:

I may be interested in a couple of your body pieces.  Like mentioned above, basic width, length and height would help to determine if some of your pieces could be used on a specific project, (small medium or large).  PM sent about fenders.

Al

Al, Just jump in a airplane and go take a look. Its more fun and you always get better results. Mike

Mike, You are certainly right.  Now just is not the time that I can jump on a flight east.  Especially if none of these body pieces would not work anyway.  That way I could grab a rental car and run out to western New York and see what you have.  What a nice plan that is!

Al

I finally took some measurements from several of the car bodies/seat sections. The first body in the photos above, suspected to be a Winton is 4ft 5in long by 4ft 10in wide at rear of body, 4ft wide by the doors, 3ft high at back of body and 1ft 10in high at front of body. Second body which we believe is an early EMF, 1909/1910 era is 5ft wide, 2ft 10in high in back, 4ft 5in long and 1ft 10in high in front. Third rear seat section,  possible ID as a Simplex is 5ft 5in wide, 2ft 2 inch high in back and 1ft 5 in high in front. Forth body seat which we always believed to be a Cadillac is 3ft 6in wide, 1ft 8in long by 2 ft long. Another body is 3ft 4in long by 3ft 4in high. Another large wood body which I can't move because it's so big, I have to winch it down from the attic is 8ft long by 6ft 5in wide by 5ft high. It's large. I measured several doors, which are not part of any car bodies that I have as follows.... 1ft 9in by 1ft 7in, 1ft 7in by 1ft 10in and 1ft 6in by 1ft 4in. Maybe this will help a little more. Thank you.  

A genuine early Cadillac body has a body number inside the left front sill. This will be matched by the number on the heel board and turtle deck cover. However if the floor board that you lift up to get to the battery box has been misaligned, it will have worn the sill at that point. Our 1906 numbers are 1/2 “ font.  Maybe more info than you expected but there would be some joy in knowing what something definitely is!!

I just found another very early seat section, it looks to be well before 1910 and it's in remarkable original condition as it's been kept dry. I found it in the back of the 32 Plymouth Woodie wagon when I uncovered it a few days ago. Did not even know it was stored in the wagon. The wagon has been sitting for at least 60 years so I would assume this car seat has been stored in here at least that long. Any ideas on what this is from? Look how the back of the seat curves in and it looks like it hinged upward.

IMG_5605.JPG

IMG_5604.JPG

IMG_5600_3.JPG

IMG_5593_1.JPG

Edited by RICHELIEUMOTORCAR (see edit history)
  • Like 1