Sign in to follow this  
Imperial62

1988 Select 60 $650 - SOLD!

I have an opportunity to purchase a rare and interesting car but do not need 4 old cars.  I purchased this 1988 X22 code Select 60 #1076 last month. It has 165,000 miles and is in need of a restoration.  It runs and drives VERY WELL.  It has received great care in my opinion.  

The touch screen is toast and needs replaced.  The interior needs cosmetic restoration.  The "vent window" on drivers side is either out or shattered and taped over with black tape.

Seats are nice.  Glass is 99.5% OK. There is one chip that needs filled. It has aftermarket wheels and nice but incorrect "Blizzak" Bridgestone tires that cost $350 there alone.  

It seems all power accessories work. Power windows, headlights, horn, etc.  Some of this is compromised by the need for a touch screen.  Touch screen monitor is supposedly new(er) but it bailed on me on the drive home.  Has nice dual exhausts, new muffler, no leaks that I can see.  Cheesy aftermarket spoiler.  I paid $1000 for it, I want $750.  The Select 60 badge is included but in poor condition. It has a purchased 89 badge on it now.  

This car is only being sold to raise money for an interesting local car and a Reatta parts car.  I basically purchased it to save it from the crusher.  Because it runs and drives so well, I would not hesitate to drive this to you but because the touch screen is out, heat is an issue. I can try and trouble shoot the monitor, it may have a loose connection because someone else put it in, not sure.  Comes with no paperwork.  This was sold new in Omaha Nebraska and Barney does have it noted in the Registry.  The SPID is intact and X22 and the VIN match.  However, Select 60 status does not seem to matter on collectability, like most Reattas, there is no interest.  I am a fan of Black and Tan, so I had no problem buying it but as you can see from some of the photos, I am cramped on space.    

DSC02535.JPG

DSC02540.JPG

DSC02541.JPG

DSC02539.JPG

DSC02571.JPG

DSC02570.JPG

Edited by Imperial62 (see edit history)

Sorry - this vehicle does have a clear IOWA title.  By no paperwork, I meant the usual portfolio and such, receipts etc.  I do have the portfolio but no Craftsman Log and no other receipts.  

Now on ebay.  I might let this car go to a ROA / BCA Member for less than I have in it but I am not asking much for a Select 60  

Price reduced to $650.00.  ebay price is a little higher, $750

Edited by Imperial62 (see edit history)