victorialynn2

Can you identify these items? (More will be added)

On 12/1/2017 at 1:58 PM, victorialynn2 said:

They are 4.00-18. They are 10 on a 16.25 bc. What can you tell me about them? They are hard as a rock and Goodyear’s. I’m going to guess by where they were and the look that they could be for a model T? Rims are aluminum also. 

00501C54-23A7-4E76-97B1-851D03C37305.jpeg

@C Carl, any idea what these are for?

On 11/26/2017 at 9:23 AM, auburnseeker said:

The red Grille shell in the picture is 32 Ford.  It almost looks fiberglass.  If so,  not alot of value $20-$40 at a garage sale.  If it's steel that's a whole different game. 

5DD71F84-8FB3-43B5-BCA9-A0304E5C21C1.jpeg

This is a 32 Ford Grille Shell as well.  IF that's an original complete shell in what looks like very nice condition with no rot.  It could bring $1000.

The very least would be $500 but that would be very low. 

EB148D16-A17B-4BAF-94CC-1B0DBE34148F.jpeg

This is a 57 Olds spinner and Standard cap as well as the 57 FOrd Caps. 

@auburnseeker Here are more pics of the grill. I have someone Who is interested  right now so what do you think for a price? It is original, It looks good, just a little paint flaking on the bottom. 

8F36A227-D19A-4EBA-A739-B2EB96779A28.jpeg

1D108D7D-3BCD-4A92-B50A-49769C444603.jpeg

9C5091CA-52F2-41FD-AFFC-6D0C1BAAFDF2.jpeg

Edited by victorialynn2 (see edit history)

That grill/shell is hot rod gold. I can not speak for the restoration side of the world, as to what it is worth for a restoration. My guess is just as much. 32 Fords are it, when it comes to hot rods. Stuff like that is best to let the market decide. Indaina Jones will sneak in there and swap that out for a bag of sand when you are not looking. Take that back home to OR with you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Repro shells and grills are $300 or so.

Really nice Originals bring over $1000.  If it were mine, I'd ask a minimum of 1200.....I'm no expert, though, so use your own judgement....one shell recently sold for about 2500, but it was a rare early one, not like yours....

good luck with selling everything....

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, victorialynn2 said:

I think these are vintage motorcycle tires and rims? They are not the same, but similar...

09516DE5-1BBD-43E9-B0B4-617B5E7A423C.png

DD1E2C19-A4F3-4503-AAAC-A9EDE4F5B26B.jpeg

Vl2, I think these could be outer rims for a wood spoke wheel 

Screenshot_2017-12-08-08-16-57.png

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, ragtop4two said:

Vl2, I think these could be outer rims for a wood spoke wheel 

Screenshot_2017-12-08-08-16-57.png

Thank you. The tired are 4.00 x 18. I can not figure out what they go to or find any for sale to figure out the value of the rims. 

3 minutes ago, 1912Staver said:

Your yellow wheels are not early truck. Way too light duty. Probably some sort of small walk behind garden tractor.

Greg in Canada

Any guess on newer or older?

If I had to guess I would say early post war to early 1960's. Small scale farming , and big home gardens were popular in this era. Many small tractors were on the market. 

howe-gardentractors-03.jpg

Edited by 1912Staver (see edit history)
  • Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 11:19 AM, 1912Staver said:

Your yellow wheels are not early truck. Way too light duty. Probably some sort of small walk behind garden tractor.

Greg in Canada

Disagree.  Looks like a perfect match and my '15 truck has 34 x 4 tires.  All Buick trucks of the teens and 20's had pneumatic tires.

Edited by Larry Schramm (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Larry Schramm said:

Disagree.  Looks like a perfect match and my '15 truck has 34 x 4 tires.  All Buick trucks of the teens and 20's had pneumatic tires.

Hi Larry, the tire size is a match . However I have not seen any teens or twenties vehicles with cast aluminum, drop center style wheels.  They definitely look post war and non-automotive to me.

Greg 

1 hour ago, 1912Staver said:

Hi Larry, the tire size is a match . However I have not seen any teens or twenties vehicles with cast aluminum, drop center style wheels.  They definitely look post war and non-automotive to me.

Greg 

Wood spoked wheels were gone for the most part by the mid 30's.  If you look at the truck which I believe is a 1917 International Model F and the wheels they both have 10 bolts to hold the tire to the wheel.  I say that is a match.

Edited by Larry Schramm (see edit history)
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Larry Schramm said:

Wood spoked wheels were gone for the most part by the mid 30's.  If you look at the truck which I believe is a 1917 International Model F and the wheels they both have 10 bolts to hold the tire to the wheel.  I say that is a match.

Hi Larry, the wheels on the pictured International look like Firestone truck series rims.  They are almost always 24" rims. They always have at least one removable side ring, in order to mount and dismount the tire. And the bolts you see are for the rim clamps that put pressure on the outer wedge ring that in turn holds the rim on to the fellow band.  The truck rims are quite heavy duty, even on a realitively small truck like this International.  They are very similar in concept to Firestone type A and type B wheel hardware for teens automobiles , just a heavier duty version.   Greg

Firestone_QDB.jpg

Edited by 1912Staver (see edit history)

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 7:12 PM, trimacar said:

Repro shells and grills are $300 or so.

Really nice Originals bring over $1000.  If it were mine, I'd ask a minimum of 1200.....I'm no expert, though, so use your own judgement....one shell recently sold for about 2500, but it was a rare early one, not like yours....

good luck with selling everything....

1932 Ford CAR Grille shells do bring good money, the one in the above photo is a TRUCK shell, bars and shell are one piece. They are making reproductions of the truck shells, note the weld repairs on the bars at the bottom. It won't bring stupid money. Bob