brass car or truck project 1909--15

sligermachine

• 4 weeks later...

I know it's not a Buick, but I have a 1911 Hupmobile runabout for sale.  1960 or so restoration, so somewhat dated.  I had it running briefly, but carb is leaking (it has a Stromberg OF carb on it, I have an original Breeze carb that could go with it as trade plus cash for the OF.  Nice Victor headlights, nice Dietz Dainty sidelights. 

$10,500.  A  good starter brass car.  Located in Winchester Virginia.

IMG_6069.JPG

IMG_5878.JPG

IMG_5879.JPG

• Thanks 1

This is in South Dakota and might get you in some Horseless Carriage Club events:

11800.jpg

1910 PEERLESS Mod. 27 Seven-Passenger Touring Car.

Also on the HCCA site linked on the forums here. Please see Glyndon Knutson´s classified ad and excellent photographs there.

• Like 1

Here's the HCCA site:

https://www.hcca.org/classifieds.php?cars

and scroll down

PS: we really did some serious touring when we had our "Big Block" 4-cylinder 1914 Buick B-37 Touring,

and now with our 1915 Hudson SIX-40.

Brass Car Touring is great-

Here is an interesting car from that site - and I have no personal connection to this car, but thought it an interesting and affordable option:

1913 White GAF 30HP Touring

Click photo for MORE Photos

1913 White -- built in Cleveland May 1913

We have owned since August 1987 & believe we have records from 98 Years ago

Previous owner had it restored approximately 30 years prior to our purchase

Complete with:
  • 5 matching 34x4 Gehrig tires mounted. In the last few years
  • Rebored w/, Aluminum pistons in the last few years
  • Grey & Davis B3 head lamps
  • Bale Handled side lights
  • Brass tail light

In the years we have had it, we always made it home

Northeast starter gen. has been used for 45 + years with NO problem

Easy to start w/ crank & compression release. All side curtains look as new

Priced @ $39,000

Contact info updated 11-08-2017

Rock Island, IL,
Edited by Marty Roth
updated (see edit history)

I know a little about White automobiles, having seen an early one professionally restored.  This appears to be a good buy, but do your research on that particular model before you buy.  I'm not saying this is one of them, but some Whites were unusually engineered, particularly from the electrical viewpoint.....

This sure looks like a nice car for the price range, though....

• Like 1

On 12/23/2017 at 6:24 PM, trimacar said:

Yep, that's 20 times the car the Hupp is, nice!

The Hupmobile you have is a nice car, too, and whoever buys it won´t have to hire security guards when they leave it for 10 minutes. Dashing looking body, RHD, looks all there, and it´s in better shape than some 10-year-old cars!

• Like 1

Thanks...but I'm sorry I hijacked the thread.... back to the original question, there's a Brass Buicks group on Yahoo, find it and join, and post on there that you're looking for an early Buick....there always seems to be a couple that are for sale from various sources, but good early Buicks priced fairly sell quickly....they're good early cars...

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/BrassBuicks/info   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, trimacar said:

Thanks...but I'm sorry I hijacked the thread.... back to the original question, there's a Brass Buicks group on Yahoo, find it and join, and post on there that you're looking for an early Buick....there always seems to be a couple that are for sale from various sources, but good early Buicks priced fairly sell quickly....they're good early cars...

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/BrassBuicks/info   

Also look right here on our BUICK portion of the FORUM, lots of sharing and lots of good information - and some of the finest folks in the hobby:

http://forums.aaca.org/forum/60-buick-pre-war/

http://forums.aaca.org/forum/12-buick-buysell/

http://forums.aaca.org/forum/10-buick-general/

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/25/2017 at 7:20 AM, Marty Roth said:

there's a Brass Buicks group on Yahoo, find it and join, and post on there that you're looking for an early Buick....there always seems to be a couple that are for sale from various sources, but good early Buicks priced fairly sell quickly....they're good early cars...

wow is all i can say boy you know how to find them 

1911 Hupp engine looks decent.  It has a Stromberg OF carb instead of the original Breeze.  Model T guys love the OF.  I had it running, but the carb is leaking badly, so think float or seat need work.  The manifold is not cut, as they often were to install a different carb.  I do have an original Breeze carb available, as a separate transaction to someone who buys the car. 

IMG_6075.JPG

IMG_6076.JPG

• Like 1

Yes.  Bosch DU4 magneto.  The two wires you see on the firewall are the only wires on the car.  It's to ground the magneto to shut the car off.  It's also fixed timing, which works fine for this car.  Splash lubrication in the engine, with drip oiling, which is the large tank you see on the far side of the engine.  Four cylinder, jugs cast in pairs.  Front fan is also the flywheel. 

It's a good car that needs some attention.  Once the weather warms up I'll get it out of my storage warehouse and actively market it for sale. 

Thanks!  dc

• Like 1

On 1/7/2018 at 5:42 PM, trimacar said:

1911 Hupp engine

I looked it up  Yep magneto ignition that is so cool are most brass cars magnetos . I would really like it to need to be restored that is so nice a car .I guess I should have found a old beat up car for the poster child on this add 

image.thumb.jpg.b79f7ae09b14b1944b3efaa37bfe3c67.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/7/2018 at 5:42 PM, trimacar said:

had it running, but the carb is leaking badly, so think float or seat need work.  The manifold is not cut, as they often were to install a different carb.  I do have an original Breeze carb available, as a separate transaction to someone who buys the car. 

IMG_6075.JPG

This looks like a fun car to drive .I would like to build one like it some day, I fill like if you are not the one that did the restoration it is not so fun to go to meets with you know what I mean !!!  

My grandfather would be thrilled  to know I still build them from the ground up and still driving the 1929 doge we restored together when I was 11 we started on it and by the age 13 we were  driving it he gave it to me for my 13th birthday present every since I have sweat and blood in all my cars . 

Edited by sligermachine (see edit history)