Sign in to follow this  
Imperial62

1991 Claret and Grey $1800 - must be rare?

Ronnie

The Craigslist ad listed in the post below has expired, or the post ID in the URL is invalid.

Message added by Ronnie

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/d/buick-reatta/6395603973.html

00K0K_gEZ6idnjaB6_600x450.jpg

01717_g81PNwJ1fkN_600x450.jpg

91 Buick Reatta CP automatic very very low miles 120k very clean slightly damaged by the passenger side light runs and drives great inside all leather and looks like new a must see and drive one-off kind 1800 dollars please call 612-723-4240 and come for a test drive totally a collector CAR

**  NOT MINE

This makes 2 1991's on Minnesota craigs lists that are challenged, somewhat - well let's just say it - they are rare - I am not sure how many Claret and Grey interior 1991's there are, but this has to be maybe 1 of 20 ?  If the White and Flame red coupe is one of 16, then Claret must be rare. 

Both are languishing on CL and may end up in Pick a Part yards.   Crazy.  

Looks like 1 of 19 or 20.  Because of it's location in Minnesota, I think it's one of the 1st Claret and Grey cars.  

Looking at that list of Claret cars, one of the 1st Claret and Grey 1991's was sold to Wisconsin or Minnesota, so this is probably that car.  

Seller called me, VIN is  1991 1G4EC13L2MB 900168 BURG GREY

Came from Washington state.   He states he can not store it, it runs and drives well, has 120,000 miles - interior like new (his words) and there is damage to passenger front fender and headlight area.  Not sure if Minnesota has strict inspection which requires a repair before driving?   Car should pass inspection even with some damage.  

I updated the info on the database to show location, mileage, and date.

Looking at Casey's booklet, he says there were 18 with that combination, 14 without sunroof, 4 with sunroof.

This one has the 16 way seat and about 50% + had that option so a guess would be half of 14 or 6-8 with 16 way and no sunroof.

I need to let it go but it does bother me there is no market for these cars.  It's a curious thing really.   I see demand for 80's and 90's tuner type cars such as the Mitsubishi 3000GT, Hondas and Acuras, some Nissan. I even owned an 87 Toyota Supra.  I regularly scan these ads and many of the cars are much higher mileage and in poorer overall condition than the Reattas, but still sell to new owners. 

I know Reattas are not a direct apples to apples comparison to these "Fast and Furious" type cars but still should draw interest from guys in the 40ish to 60ish age and younger because it is a 2 seat sports coupe with great "exotic" one of kind styling and interior. 

Barney is likely correct, this is one of 7.  Well equipped with that 16 way seat.  Unfortunately that does not equate to reality.  If a 1970 Dodge Challenger was 1 of 7, even with a 340 or 383 automatic, that would still add several thousand dollars to the asking and eventual selling price.  You could buy 6 or 7 "1 of's" Reattas for the premium someone would pay for that 1970 Challenger 1 of 7 example!

A couple of numbers experts have made a career out of decoding the muscle era cars.  The thing on this 1 of 7 Reatta is, last year made, likely at least half or all of the remaining Claret and Grey cars are gone.    I regret not being able to offer in the neighborhood of $1200 for it but I can't run a Reatta Rescue Farm. 

I also love that 1991 White and Flame Red car. Not a huge White Reatta fan, but if I had one I would go mono with the white rub strip instead of Black and then add a Flame Red interior makes it an intriguing combination, again one of about 15 or so.  ALL 1991 Reattas can be summarized into low "1 of's" numbers, which should add to the collectability of the cars.  But not when no one that isn't in the BCA wants one. 

Edited by Imperial62 (see edit history)

That's good. Probably not a Reatta geek like us but the best thing about Reatta is they make good cars for high schoolers and commuter cars. 

Some me may disagree because some Reatta are temperamental but I am not sure how much car a person can buy for about $1200 to $1500  

I keep looking at that Black and Red one the 1990 for $2900 with 74,000 miles. You can buy that one for $2200 to $2500.