Sign in to follow this  
Howard

Happy Thanksgiving

While I have not had my Reatta for many years, I still check in from time to time to view the forum.  This time of year I always wish all of you and your families a Happy Thanksgiving.  This year I'm especially thankful to be alive.  On August 30th, I lost my home, my car, and all of my belongings to 52" of rain caused by Hurricane Harvey.  I had to be rescued from my house by boat.  I was only able to escape with a few items that I could carry away in a plastic trash bag. Due to the kindness of some close friends, I'm sharing their house.  Repairs are being currently done to my home, and perhaps by the end of the year, I can sleep in a bed that is mine.  Be thankful for your health, your family, and your friends.  They are more important than any physical possessions.  Have a safe and joyous Thanksgiving!  

Edited by Howard (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Good to hear from you again this year Howard. I didn't know you were a victim of the storm. Many items that you lost in the storm are irreplaceable and will be missed for the rest of your life, but hopefully you have your health, and with good friends helping, you are getting your life back together. 

• Like 1

Also good to hear from you again, Howard.  Happy Thanksgiving to you and I hope your life gets back to normal soon.  

We all have much to be thankful for.  Never take it for granted.