nos parts center console

dr914

You're gonna have to get Zen crafty with the elements Al, Zn, Cu and Cr.

Shave a tree and place some veneer grain in the middle.

I don't recommend a center fountain...instead a cool draft beer when you're done will still yield a calming effect.

Can fully recommend the wood grain from Scanlan's Veneer, adds that extra bit of exclusivity to your console. And it fits perfectly too!

As as to the console, best to repair what you have unless you can find a better one and repaint it.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

8 hours ago, Zimm63 said:

Like your gauges.  What did you use?

Hi, have a look at www.speedhut, where you can design your own, special font, needle style, rim etc.

These are 2 5/8" diameter, stepper motor. In a previous post I have detailed how they fit in the ashtray space etc.

cheers

Rodney ????

OK Riviera People: I've done a few consoles. It's easy to paint 'em, difficult to repair busted up plastic and rotten soft parts such as heating vents, cardboard vent rails and rubber collars.

I got tons of wood trim from Bob Scanlon. Bob's excellent and I recommend considering him for wood replacement.

Mitch

On 11/23/2017 at 1:17 AM, rodneybeauchamp said:

Can fully recommend the wood grain from Scanlan's Veneer, adds that extra bit of exclusivity to your console. And it fits perfectly too!

As as to the console, best to repair what you have unless you can find a better one and repaint it.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

If I may ask a question without being critical, did you or a previous owner change out the 63's black  only for the word grain?  I like the woodgrain better, but I'm just curious.  I don't know of anyone who was making the woodgrained inlays for a 63 so I have to assume that the owner did it.  Who ever it was, he did a good job.  I know from experience that getting the curve right in that large piece that goes from the ash tray all the way back to tne diddy box is tough to get just right.

Ed

Edited by RivNut
effing predictive text / auto correct. (see edit history)

Hi Ed,

I changed it out to wood grain myself after seeing a photo of a '63 done this way. The wood grain really lifted the interior and gave it some pizzaz in the photo.

Bob Scanlan supplied the veneer kit, including the radio surround and an extra piece to cover the new gauge mounting piece.

The PO had drilled two holes for switches in the vinyl covered console, so after removing them, had to recover anyway. Scanlan's veneer pieces fit perfectly and compliment the wood grain on the doors.

I'm very pleased with the outcome, and although "not original" I consider it another Owner Installed Option from my list.

And it was this forum that alerted me to Bobs products.

Below is what it was when I first installed the gauges, OK but did not flow. and I still would have to redo the black.

image.jpeg