Car cleaning tips

Barney Eaton

Since the forum was pretty slow and some of you will be traveling soon, here are some car cleaning tips that I have not seen.

http://thekrazycouponlady.com/tips/travel/16-seriously-clever-tricks-to-deep-clean-your-car

Found this on the Pinterest site.......if you have not been there, lots of interesting ideas for almost anything.

Safe travels..........

• Thanks 1

Thanks Barney !! I hope you all have a good Thanksgiving. Given my recent deer encounter, I'm needing to remove the front left fender, I'm wondering how involved that is..... I'd create a new topic but my computer is outdated and doesn't interface well with this site, sometimes it lets me create new topics but 95% of the time it doesn't

35 minutes ago, ChrisWhewell said:

I'd create a new topic but my computer is outdated and doesn't interface well with this site, sometimes it lets me create new topics but 95% of the time it doesn't

Windows 10, IE 11

Internet Options/Privacy/Popup Blocker= Medium

Internet Options/Tabs/"Open new window in new tab"

Slather it on thickly, let sit overnight. Wipe off all excess with absorbent cloth or paper towels. You'd be amazed at how much grime is lifted out.

Personally- I use Maguire's High Endurance Tire Gel (purple, grape candy scented) the same way. Your favorite scented suntan lotion is also great for the interior, >SPF 15 will really help from sun damage. Vinyl is pretty tough material- until it dries out.

11 hours ago, ChrisWhewell said:

I'm needing to remove the front left fender, I'm wondering how involved that is....

Chris- please watch THIS VIDEO to help you, after removal. I hope it helps. I can't imagine removal is any different than another fender- except it being plastic. Remove the screws, use a putty knife in the seams, and just be careful.

Thanks. I have a spare extra second 1990 reatta in the barn, same color. I can take the fender off that one. I'm wondering if this is a 2 hour job, or a 12 hour job, to remove a front fender from a Reatta, because I obviously am the type of intuit person who plans ahead :) ps, I'm running on a Mac, I passionately dislike Microsoft products. :)

It just seems to be bolts & screws, jack it up, a stand, chock rear wheels. Generously spray all fasteners with a quality penetrant, and let soak. Remove wheel, inner splash shield-fender well, bolts along rail under hood. Pay close attention, take decent pictures as you go (for reassembly, not just us:lol:) because there might be shims here and there for alignment purposes.

Even though they are the same year and color- they will look slightly "different". I suggest- that when finished, wash & scrub the entire car, then machine-in some Cleaner Wax, then your "regular" product that you use. It should blend pretty well.