Sign in to follow this  
Imperial62

1984 Park Ave with 9400 miles $4500

https://cedarrapids.craigslist.org/cto/d/cherry-1984-buick-park-ave/6371487931.html

For sale a cherry 1984 Buick Park Ave. with 9300 miles. This is a one owner car minty condition. The interior is immaculate the X terrier is just the same. This would make someone a nice cruiser. Call 319three three zero two three four three

NOT MINE

OK, not sure I believe the story regarding miles.  This appears to be a flip purchase by someone who bought it off an elderly couple for $500 or something OR is still owned by them and the grandson with the iPhone thought he would help sell it, hence the autocorrect spelling in the text. 

But hey who knows, this may be a legit late RWD Park Avenue with only 9400 original miles offered for $4500.  Can't beat that! 

00I0I_7hgVU65TTnX_600x450.jpg

00J0J_jnxf5F0dv25_600x450.jpg

1 hour ago, MrEarl said:

109300 maybe. 

yeah those are some great pictures too... really shows the "minty" condition

• Haha 1

I'd be unlikely to believe the low mileage unless there

was some sort of documentation.  The upholstery in

those cars wears really well, so that's not a tell-tale sign.

My parents had a 1981, so I've paid attention to them.

Here are a couple of things to look for:

The rear bumpers tend to rust where the exhaust exits,

and in the worst cases, the chrome will even flake off there.

If the car has been outside a lot, the blonde plastic

woodgrain on the interior door panels will fade and even peel. 

• Thanks 1

Take a look at the brake pedal and see how worn it is.  After 100K, it's sure to show some wear.  If it's brand new, then you know a worn one has been replaced.

On 11/17/2017 at 11:56 AM, Imperial62 said:

This appears to be a flip purchase by someone who bought it off an elderly couple for $500 or something OR is still owned by them and the grandson with the iPhone thought he would help sell it,

I buy cars and do that... fairly often. When people sell a car too cheap the car is usually not appreciated and the future may be dim and short.

Sometimes, purely for the sake of the car, I may snap one of these up and resell it for 5 to 10 times more than I paid for it. The new owner has a heavier commitment and greater appreciation of the car. Sure, I suffer the added profit, but the money rarely goes much farther than my own hobby needs or a nice dinner for my Wife and I.

Sport selling, more fun than shooting defenseless woodland creatures.

My big problem is buying a cheap car and spending a lot of money on it. I have four of those, ref> the signature.

Bernie

BTW, if an old couple wanted 500 bucks I wouldn't tell them that was too much and offer $450. I know some guys do that.