RICHELIEUMOTORCAR

29 DeSoto Rumble Seat Roadster just pulled from storage since 1952.

I just pulled my 29 DeSoto roadster out of long term storage. Parked it in 52. Still has the 52 plates on the car along with a 53 inspection sticker on the window. It held up pretty well considering it has not moved for 65 years. The car drove into storage under it's own power and ran perfect. I'm pretty sure it will run fine again. The frame is still solid. Running boards and rockers need to be replaced and lower areas of front fenders will have to be patched. I may have good running boards, rockers and fenders in storage but until I find those parts, I can not promise them. Please check my post under "Cars for Sale" as the old car list updates from time to time. I will post photos soon. Most likely the only fully original unrestored barn find 29 DeSoto roadster to exist.

Edited by RICHELIEUMOTORCAR (see edit history)

On 11/26/2017 at 5:22 AM, knobless said:

Any pictures??

Sure. Just as it came out of hiding for 65 years. Frame is solid. Running boards and rockers are available. I may have a solid set in storage. Car is totally restorable and was an excellent running and driving car when we put it in the barn. Five known to still exist and this makes number six. These photos are just after I gave the car a good bath. All the chrome along with the rest of the car was coated with cosmoline when it was parked which helped preserve the car.

IMG_5188.JPG

IMG_5187.JPG

IMG_5189.JPG

IMG_5191.JPG

IMG_5192.JPG

IMG_5195.JPG

IMG_5194.JPG

IMG_5193.JPG

• Like 1

On 29/11/2017 at 7:33 AM, RICHELIEUMOTORCAR said:

Five known to still exist and this makes number six

Does that include the one in New Zealand?

4 hours ago, Spinneyhill said:

Does that include the one in New Zealand?

Oh gee I don't know. I am going by what I was told some time back by at least several DeSoto club members at their national meet. Now all of a sudden, everyone seems to have one or know of one. The same guys told me there were only four 32 DeSoto roadsters left plus my 32 which made five, then, I was told about another one. OK, maybe there could be another one or two? Maybe there are 10 left? However we look at the overall picture, it's a very limited number. I have more DeSotos for those who are interested including a 29 touring car which must be really rare but I'm sure someone here must have one.