Texas Clear Out After Turkey Day ~ Looking for A Helper

victorialynn2

Hey guys. I’m heading back to Texas soon. I’d really like to have a sale the first week of December and I need help pricing and organizing a bunch of stuff to prepare. I may have a helper, but if he can’t make it, is there anyone that will be near Fredericksburg, Tx that could help me price miscellaneous parts, tools, flathead engines, some trailers etc? Even if he comes, another helping hand would be helpful. I know some research is involved for prices, but in many cases I don’t even know where to begin and it’s quite overwhelming. 

I could also use some help moving what I want to sell into a single part of the garage. 

I’d say 1-2 days work depending on what you prefer. I’d ask for references from some of my better known members, for safety reasons. Would like to do this right after Thanksgiving. 

I really do need to put this project behind me and move on with my life. Any help is appreciated as the people with any knowledge that are nearby, just don’t have a lot of time to help. I wait weeks for them to have a few hours to spare. 

Thank You! 

Edited by victorialynn2 (see edit history)

While I love a road trip / challenge and would love to help you out, logistics (and time) are not in my favour... <_<

I hope reaching out that someone can give you a hand.

Best of luck on completion / closure. I will soon be facing similar challenges with my mom's home and things that dad has collected all those years.

All the Best.

• Like 1

If you are doing the house there is a company called “everything but the house” we used them when we downsized. They will come in and take anything, price it, take pics and set it up for an online auction. As an example my daughter had 2 saddles she tried to sell thru tack shops for $50 each no sale. She got $650 & $700 thru the auction. My wife ended up with enough to pay for the move and a couple new outfits which made her very happy. What ever doesn’t sell you can take back or they donate to Salvation Army. They are nationwide and online. They charge 15% of sale. I would not use them for parts or tools. 

VL2 -  I had to sell a lot of my tools when we moved.  I put a BIG sign “TOOLS “ for sale at the end of the farm driveway ( it was a cardboard box over the mailbox) . Before I drove the tractor back up to the house I had 2 pickups following me.  I sold out in 4 or 5 hours.  So my advice ADVERTISE with a couple good easy to read signs on nearby roads/intersections. They will come.  Sorry I’m not near TX or I would be happy to help and buy—  I’m sure my wife would say “what are you buying another engine for? - with a smile and a shake of her head. 

It would be fun. Good luck 

Dave S 

• Like 2

I actually am leaving this Saturday with my pup and the other one I’m picking up. I was hoping maybe someone around Tx could help me make heads or tails of what’s left in the garage. I’m way over my head. 

I think I have a friend flying down to help. I hope so anyway. 

There will be more trips so maybe a road trip another time. My Tundra is a good road trip vehicle for sure. 

I remember when I first joined this forum and was afraid to post pics or say much of anything. I’ve gotten to know several of you well enough by now that I’m comfortable asking for help. Time flies...

Some other threads are talking about auction companies'

mark-ups, a magazine article on investing in cars, and so forth.

Members see the vanity of chasing money.

Your topic, Victoria Lynn, shows the best of the hobby--

the real and lasting part of the hobby that's built on good people--

and demonstrates how so many great people are on our forum.

Wow, it's great to see offers to help you--

even when people aren't close!

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)
  • Like 1