1938 LaSalle Grill *No Breaks*

victorialynn2

I believe this is a ‘38 based on information given to me. Good condition, no breaks. I have not tried to polish it up but can provide more pictures if requested. 

Best offer plus actual shipping cost from 97128. (Oregon). I would bubble wrap and double box this for secure shipping and will insure. 

327215AE-AC83-4BD0-BFC6-034DC7FF5FCA.jpeg

Edited by victorialynn2 (see edit history)

Well , Excuse me please ! Looking very carefully , I have assumed the '38 was slightly wider than the '37. I still think I am right about that , but looking carefully , I think your grill is just very slightly wider than the known '37 I have shown above. Count the vertical rows on yours , and the pics I have provided. See if yours has an extra row or two. Now I am very curious. Oh yeah ! Oh most certainly ! Indeed I could be wrong. I am sure I am wrong about something every day. Assumed ! That is the problem. Assumptions have been the most costly mechanisms I operate on. I should never assume anything.   - CC

• Like 1

We just got proof that your grille is '38. If you have absolutely nothing better to do with your time , you could dispose of some of it fiddling around with polishing that grille. If you don't mind a little fatherly advice , I suggest you go do something else. From your other topic , it sounds like you will be up to your ears in car parts soon enough. You are one very hard worker. Take yourself a break.   - Carl 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, C Carl said:

We just got proof that your grille is '38. If you have absolutely nothing better to do with your time , you could dispose of some of it fiddling around with polishing that grille. If you don't mind a little fatherly advice , I suggest you go do something else. From your other topic , it sounds like you will be up to your ears in car parts soon enough. You are one very hard worker. Take yourself a break.   - Carl 

Thanks Carl. You are observant. I have my hands full. I am single handedly dealing with all of dad’s affairs and his needs. 

On 11/13/2017 at 7:19 AM, C Carl said:

Well , Excuse me please ! Looking very carefully , I have assumed the '38 was slightly wider than the '37. I still think I am right about that , but looking carefully , I think your grill is just very slightly wider than the known '37 I have shown above. Count the vertical rows on yours , and the pics I have provided. See if yours has an extra row or two. Now I am very curious. Oh yeah ! Oh most certainly ! Indeed I could be wrong. I am sure I am wrong about something every day. Assumed ! That is the problem. Assumptions have been the most costly mechanisms I operate on. I should never assume anything.   - CC

"Once I thought I was wrong but I was mistaken"

Cheers from the cold white north.

Toronto Ontario

Canada

• 1 year later...

Hey guys. I didn’t sell this in the couple weeks before I left Tx and I have this in Oregon. I am raising money to fund final expenses for dad as he is not doing well. 

It is located in 97128 and if anyone is interested in it, please contact me. I could use some funds and I want this piece to find a good home. Just pm me what you think is a fair price. It is available for inspection and @JackM has seen it also. I have done no cleaning and it has both emblems. Sounds like it’s a ‘38 Grill. 

Thanks,

vctoria

@ccarl

On 11/14/2017 at 2:27 AM, C Carl said:

I just found this going through paperwork. I didn’t remember what make/year this limo was. I do remember him sanding the wood that goes around the windows at the kitchen table and my step mother having a fit though. 😂

So yes, I’d say it’s definitely a ‘38 and probably swapped from this Caddy. He restored this really well. The entire interior was redone and the paint was beautiful. It was burgundy and the interior was a neutral, period correct material. He had this back in the 70’s and must have sold it in the early to mid 2000’s. 

8B2BC682-9BCA-4E3A-A267-F698C6A48DA9.jpeg

Edited by victorialynn2 (see edit history)

• 1 month later...