1912 Buick Tire question

x98boardwell

I have a 1912 Buick Model A34 brass/copper edition.  I am curious to see how I can tell if my wheels are beaded or not.  I will need to replace all 4 corners with new rubber most likely from Coker as The Samson Tires are no longer available.  My spare is a Samson tire but the others are 4-ply from Coker and were purchased by my grandfather in the mid to late 80's.  

Any help is appreciated.  They are 30x3.5.  Would I be purchasing the same size inner tube as well?

Any link which could point me in the direction of how to dismount the tire and reinstall would be helpful!

Thanks,

Bryan

Changing clincher tires has been covered to death on the MTFCA forum. MANY ways to do it . Just Google search "clincher tire change mtfca forum". There is days of reading there with many opinions on what and which is best. Bring enough patience and you will be fine.  Tubes? Yes , same size as tire. But which tube stem to use? That is another swamp to wade into ! Best Wishes..............

• Like 1

I have restored the same car & have some experience with clincher tires.  There are two seat rings and one lock ring for each wheel that must be in good serviceable condition.  Fortunately, your tire size is the same as early Model T Fords with Clincher Tires, so you have many choices other than Coker.  I suggest you get a friend to help on a warm day and use plenty of corn starch or liquid soap to help with the installation.  For safety, inflate the assembled tire from the inside so if the lock ring fails it will not damage you or others when the rings fly off the wheel.

http://www.lucasclassictires.com/30x3-1-2_c106.htm

https://www.universaltire.com/catalog.html