265 Chrysler Bellhousing and matching flywheel

• 2 weeks later...

The 265 Chrysler 6 I have is an IND 12 volt.  I am missing the flywheel.  What are my options?  I will have this engine in my hot hands probably early next week, thanks to FASTENAL for affordable shipping.  I am thinking I may have to build an adapter plate as the bell-housing is probably a SAE #1,  (unless someone can suggest an automotive bell-housing and flywheel that will fit.

Al

Other flywheels will fit. The ring gear can be replaced with a 12v model. The only vehicles with 12v systems, and this engine, were in trucks and the flywheel may be too heavy for your purpose. I believe a Plymouth or Dodge flywheel clutch and bellhousing from a 1956 - 59 six cylinder car will fit but you might want to check with the real experts. 56 -59 are the 12v models.

• Like 1

That is the one I did purchase, adding the shipping onto the purchase and my 200 mile round trip to pick it up once it arrives in Utah, just a fair deal but yes, a doable deal.  No flywheel and missing the auto bell housing.  The front of the engine may also need to be swapped for the correct automobile part to run and fit an automobile.

Al

• 3 weeks later...

I am making some progress on my Chrysler 6 learning curve.   I now have the newly purchased IND 265 home.  The bell housing now bolted up is an SAE #3 (17-3/4" OD).  This bell housing is available if someone has a need.  I am still looking for a stock manual transmission 8 hole flywheel.  Do you have one?

Al

DSC01709.JPG

s-l1600.jpg