65-66 Gransport pass ex manifold

Definitely V8Buick is best chance. I posted the link to this thread on V8Buick same day it was posted here. It is in the "Cars and Parts For Sale Leads" Forum. You may want to reply TTT once the post drops off the first page to keep it more visible.

14 hours ago, 2carb40 said:

Thanks for the suggestion! It will take time to find a buyer for these. The system on V8 Buick and the 65GS sites have restrictions I don't want do deal with. I'm sure they have reasons why, but I'm not interested in that format. As in anything this rare, the buyers are rare as well. Exposure and time are what will serve me best. I'm in absolutely no hurry to dispose of these. I have a latent desire to change my 64 post 2dr Spec  car from 455 to nailhead, as I also have a '65 401 GS engine with dual fours and the mount adapter plates. Terrible fate to ponder, since I knocked a rod bearing loose in the 455 anyway! Well just wait and see what transpires.

Not sure what your idea of restrictions is.

Certain guide lines are asked to try and insure a transaction that goes well for all interested parties.

From 65GS.com:

Some guidelines regarding " For Sale" posts.

1.Post a price for the item being offered.

2.Post a location of the item.

3.Work with the interested parties in the order that they showed interest in your item. This interest must be shown with a public reply to your thread, Personal Messages (PM's) or emails are not acceptable communication requirements for "getting in line".  We suggest 48 hours as an acceptable time period to allow interested parties to contact you privately.

4.If the first user who responds to your ad does not complete the sale, you move onto the second person who responded.

5.You need to post in the thread that you are sending a PM, before  sending the PM.

I would think these are not too difficult to deal with. 

Loren@65GS.com

[ Senior Administrator 65GS.com]

On 11/8/2017 at 9:07 AM, Loren@65GS.com said:

Not sure what your idea of restrictions is.

Certain guide lines are asked to try and insure a transaction that goes well for all interested parties.

From 65GS.com:

Some guidelines regarding " For Sale" posts.

1.Post a price for the item being offered.

2.Post a location of the item.

3.Work with the interested parties in the order that they showed interest in your item. This interest must be shown with a public reply to your thread, Personal Messages (PM's) or emails are not acceptable communication requirements for "getting in line".  We suggest 48 hours as an acceptable time period to allow interested parties to contact you privately.

4.If the first user who responds to your ad does not complete the sale, you move onto the second person who responded.

5.You need to post in the thread that you are sending a PM, before  sending the PM.

I would think these are not too difficult to deal with. 

Loren@65GS.com

[ Senior Administrator 65GS.com]Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. 

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

On 11/8/2017 at 7:35 AM, JZRIV said:

Definitely V8Buick is best chance. I posted the link to this thread on V8Buick same day it was posted here. It is in the "Cars and Parts For Sale Leads" Forum. You may want to reply TTT once the post drops off the first page to keep it more visible.

Thanks so much for your help! 

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, 2carb40 said:

The passenger side ex manifold might work, as the driver side is going to, help with clearance issues on a later engine installed in and older Buick. 401 replacing 322"?

The exterior deminsions of the nailhead are the same 53 - 66 (ports are different shapes in the heads and motor mount locations are different) so the engine compartments in the 50's era cars should be big enough to accommodate the manifolds that are germane to which ever engine you choose to use.  The Skylark engine compartment was designed for the 300 V8 and is much smaller so it it needs specially designed manifolds to show horn a nailhead into it.